Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 502 Posts

·
quit wasting my time !!
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basic Information
The two towers are identical and rise in terms of numbers of floors and height. The building comprises 3 levels of basements, 2 levels of Retail, 5 levels of podium parking and 33 levels of above the podium level. Gross Floor Area of KFT is more than 1.4 million sq ft. The net saleable area of each floor shall be in the range of 16,500 to 17,300 sq ft.

Where the sky bridge pierces through the twin towers, there will be a 6 story void (24 to 29 level) created to house the recreational facilities like swimming pool and the garden terrace. The sky bridge shall be occupied as the commercial club.

The podium and the basement will contain the retail and parking provisions. Over 1,800 car parks will have to be provided for the development.

• Karachi Building & Town Planning Regulations 2002
• International Building Code 2003
• Building Energy Codes of Pakistan
• Uniform Mechanical Codes
• Codes and Standards of National Fire Protection Association
• CIBSE Guide Lines
• British Standards/EN Standards for each system
• Illumination Engineers Society Codes
• I.E.C Standards

The building shall be equipped with the following latest and state of the art services and systems:

• Air-Conditioning and Mechanical Ventilation
• Electrical services including power, lighting, telephone, data etc
• Fire protection services including fire alarm system
• Plumbing and Drainage services
• Smoke Management system
• Security system
• Vertical Transportation services

·
quit wasting my time !!
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some images from the website:

Personally, I think the interior could use some work. Its too arabic in taste and has too much arab calligraphy all over. Too much red and brown shades. I think it should be completely redesigned inside if the current renderings are accurate.

The master plan for the area:

·
Pakistan Zindabad!
9,580 Posts

Karachi Financial Towers (KFT)

In order to create a lifestyle for the “Generation Y” of Karachi and international investors, the Company has acquired a piece of land measuring 12,950 sq yard, situated at I. I. Chundrigar Road from Pakistan Railway. The title of the land is transferred in the name of the Company. KFT complies with the strategies and framework set within the Karachi International Financial Centre (KIFC) Master Plan that provides a flexible framework for the long term development of the site. KFT will also benchmark and generate design guidelines will be develop while the overall quality of environment and functional efficiency is maintained throughout the entire KIFC Master Plan.

The site is situated at the midpoint of I. I. Chundrigar Road that is the main hub of economic activity and the busiest road in the Central Business District of Karachi. The site is the part and parcel of Karachi City Railway Station. The main access to site is from 706,626 meters wide I. I. Chundrigar Road. It leads to M. A. Jinnah Road, where Karachi Port is located. All services and utilities shall be linked up from I. I. Chundrigar.

Basic Information
The two towers are identical and rise in terms of numbers of floors and height. The building comprises 3 levels of basements, 2 levels of Retail, 5 levels of podium parking and 33 levels of above the podium level. Gross Floor Area of KFT is more than 1.4 million sq ft. The net saleable area of each floor shall be in the range of 16,500 to 17,300 sq ft.

Where the sky bridge pierces through the twin towers, there will be a 6 story void (24 to 29 level) created to house the recreational facilities like swimming pool and the garden terrace. The sky bridge shall be occupied as the commercial club.

The podium and the basement will contain the retail and parking provisions. Over 1,800 car parks will have to be provided for the development.

• Karachi Building & Town Planning Regulations 2002
• International Building Code 2003
• Building Energy Codes of Pakistan
• Uniform Mechanical Codes
• Codes and Standards of National Fire Protection Association
• CIBSE Guide Lines
• British Standards/EN Standards for each system
• Illumination Engineers Society Codes
• I.E.C Standards

The building shall be equipped with the following latest and state of the art services and systems:

• Air-Conditioning and Mechanical Ventilation
• Electrical services including power, lighting, telephone, data etc
• Fire protection services including fire alarm system
• Plumbing and Drainage services
• Smoke Management system
• Security system
• Vertical Transportation services

Completion Period
The Project is expected to be completed in 36 months from the date of commencement of construction work.

KFT Floor Plans

Vehicular Traffic

Ground Floor Plan

Podium & Carparking
Level +12.00m & 13.50ms

Typical Tower Zone A
Level 5 to 20(+X.XXm to +32.5m)

Typical Tower Zone B
Level 21 to 32(+X.XXm to +XX.XXm)

Iconic Tube
Level 24 to 29(+X.XXm to +XX.XXm)

Iconic Glass Tube

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
40 floors only? Screw the CM. It's beautiful, but what a letdown.

Swerve: The pic that you labeled "master plan" (with Mona Lisa), is that how it eventually will be? Are they going to build the rest of the structures in depicted in that picture too?

·
Registered
128 Posts
can someone post a google earth image of the exact location of this project on chundrigar road? The previous thread only has speculation, not an exact confirmation.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Ground-breaking for Rs11bn tower

KARACHI, Feb 8: President Gen Pervez Musharraf said here on Thursday that Pakistan offered the best investment environment in the region.
“The investment has grown by 1,200 per cent since 1999 and this will cross $ 4 billion this year,” the president told a select gathering at the ground-breaking ceremony of Rs11 billion twintower building Karachi Financial Tower (KFT), being built by Enshaa-NLC, a joint venture be tween UAE Enshaa Holding Ltd and National Logistic Cell (NLC) at the Governor House.

Sindh governor Dr Ishrat-ulEbad Khan, chief minister Dr Arbab Ghulam Rahim, federal ministers Sheikh Rashid Ahmed and Babar Khan Ghauri were also present on the occasion.

He was of the opinion that investment would keep coming with the continuation of existing policies of deregulation, liberalisation and privatisation of the economy followed by the government.

“We have created an investment-friendly environment in Pakistan. We have changed our rules and regulations to suit the investors coming to Pakistan. We have provided more facilities so that he (investor) feels confident that Pakistan is a venue for investment to earn money,” he added. He said this project would be tallest in Karachi and set new trend in high rise buildings.—APP

Source: Dawn e-Paper

·
Pakistan Zindabad!
9,580 Posts
KARACHI, Feb 8: President Gen Pervez Musharraf said here on Thursday that Pakistan offered the best investment environment in the region.
“The investment has grown by 1,200 per cent since 1999 and this will cross $ 4 billion this year,” the president told a select gathering at the ground-breaking ceremony of Rs11 billion twintower building Karachi Financial Tower (KFT), being built by Enshaa-NLC, a joint venture be tween UAE Enshaa Holding Ltd and National Logistic Cell (NLC) at the Governor House.

Sindh governor Dr Ishrat-ulEbad Khan, chief minister Dr Arbab Ghulam Rahim, federal ministers Sheikh Rashid Ahmed and Babar Khan Ghauri were also present on the occasion.

He was of the opinion that investment would keep coming with the continuation of existing policies of deregulation, liberalisation and privatisation of the economy followed by the government.

“We have created an investment-friendly environment in Pakistan. We have changed our rules and regulations to suit the investors coming to Pakistan. We have provided more facilities so that he (investor) feels confident that Pakistan is a venue for investment to earn money,” he added. He said this project would be tallest in Karachi and set new trend in high rise buildings.—APP

Source: Dawn e-Paper

:banana: ^^ :banana:^^ :banana: ^^

P.S: What are these things?>>>>>>>>>>>> ^^

1 - 20 of 502 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.