SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Pakistan Zindabad!
9,575 Posts
They should build this near the site for the KPT tower! And how the hell can this building have a desalination plant? Do these people not know how much energy is required to desalinate water? It is by far the most energy consuming method of producing potable water.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
They should build this near the site for the KPT tower! And how the hell can this building have a desalination plant? Do these people not know how much energy is required to desalinate water? It is by far the most energy consuming method of producing potable water.
Ya you are right...

This is an average size desalination plant. Where the heck are they gonna fit something this big inside this building? :nuts:

·
Evolution interrupted
230 Posts
KASB, Chinese firm to build skyscraper

KARACHI: Within less than three years Karachi’s first sky-scraper will appear on the city’s Clifton coastline.

Well known banking and business management sector firm KASB, has entered joint ventures with Chinese construction company for a multi- million dollars 30-storey ‘KASB Altitude’ at the coastline of Clifton.

It would be the second tallest building in the city after CDGK’s 45-storeyed multi-purpose building to be constructed with Malaysian technical assistance, but the first tallest structure to come up on the coastline. An agreement in this regard by the CEO of KASB Developers Arif Ali Shah Bukhari, has been made with Xingjian Construction. app

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\08\07\story_7-8-2007_pg5_6

·
12,523 Posts
We should be grateful for it could have easily been a Radisson/avari style building. To me its OK ( Its no Burj al Arab though). And that water desalination plant doesnt necessarily have to be within the building itself.

And Fahad, would you please change the title to Karachi- KASB Altitude | MIXED| 30Fl | APP.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
Why is any discussion except "oh my god, I'm having an orgasm just looking at this shit" considered negativity on this forum? Just curious.

And I don't see any negative comments. There's no way they have a desalination plant, it requires shitloads of energy. It's not a skyscraper by any definition. And it does lack proper parking. Please show me the negativity.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Selling kee spelling sahih nahee'n kar saktay, aur chaalees manzilah imaarat banaanay chalae hai'n :)

But, I like the idea. Where exactly is it going to be built? Right on the water, like Dolman or on the other side of the street?

Is it a good idea to build structures right on the sea, or should they be only on one side of the street and no structure should be built on the sea? Building right in the water limits future expansion of the road. What if in future there is a need to build a Bombay style Marine Drive kind of road???

1 - 20 of 408 Posts