SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
13,998 Posts
I pass it several times everyday, but am too lazy to take pics! Anyway, I had a little concern. Take a good look at the first pic. The pillars for the Expressway are right next to the bridge on both the sides. It's the same way everywhere (except 1 or 2). Now, this leaves no room for any of the existing bridges to expand. The reason I think it's a concern is that the traffic would grow, and like a few of these bridges (Lasbela, between Sohrab Goth and Gulshan, etc.) have been expanded, we'd eventually need others to be expanded. Now, that's not exactly possible.

Second point, looking at the work, the quality looks really really good.

·
Farigh Admi
1,799 Posts
This is just a supporting pillar(or a thick scaffolding), these pillars are being gradually removed after the filling of concrete for the bridge is done and dried out....

·
Hola
12,619 Posts
If you guys want I can transfer the photos I took into this thread, but those are from when I was in Karachi.

·
Registered
12,102 Posts
It looks really good. The quality of construction seems to be first class. Now imagine that road running on both sides of the river and you'll have an idea of what it'll look like when finished.

The track is actually two lanes wide. In it's original design it was supposed to be three lanes each way, but they cut it to two lanes to save money.

As I said in the other thread, even once the expressway is built it would still leave the ugly, smelly sewerage running in the center of the riverbed. And it really stinks up the surrounding area. In a few years, when they can afford it, they'll have to line the riverbed in concrete and build an underground channel for the sewerage, leaving the rest of the river as a storm water drain.

I think that this is a huge accomplishment. I hope that they can complete the rest of it as soon as possible.

·
SECULARISM
522 Posts
has someone outlined its path on a google earth map yet?

1 - 20 of 911 Posts