SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I've visited Petrozavodsk (Karelia). The city itself is nothing to brag about, but it is surrounded with great landscapes, a lot of lakes, including very large ones, rivers & streams and, certainly forests.

So begin...

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hor far is it from Khabarovsk?
8900 km by car, 5900 - straight line :)

The last one is my favorite Great photos,Igor!
thanks, Roman!

Indeed great, very nice photos
Thank you!

Looks like a jewel in many ways, I'm excited about the rest of the pictures.
Thanks!

"Karelia" What a beautiful name!
Great start, Igor!
Beautiful pier and great coexistence between people and nature.
Thank you, Roberto!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...and did you drive all of that way? Phenomenal distances in Russia......compared to little Britain.
No, no, no.... Plane to Moscow, plane to Saint Petersburg than to Petrozavodsk by train... I think the distance is close to distance covered by car.

Next pics are from Kizhi Pogost, which is a historical site dating from the 17th century on Kizhi island. The island is located on Lake Onega, approximately 70 km from Petrozavodsk.

·
Registered
Злий російський хуліган
2,142 Posts
Nice pictures. I live in this city and I love it.

Great and colorful wooden houses! :cheers:
This is so called "Historical block" from wooden buildings of late 1800th-early 1900th. During the City Day celebration (the last Saturday of every June) we have a sort of show when visitors are waering the suites of the time.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.