SkyscraperCity banner

521 - 540 of 578 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Many people from Kasaragode district are doing business in my region (Aluva, Perumbavur, Muvattupuzha etc) now a days. Especially textiles, opticals, footwear shops etc. Even in Idukki district (Thodupuzha) people from Kannur, Kasaragode are starting businesses. Why is this shift? More than 12 shops, mostly readymade textiles in Muvattupuzha are run by people from northern Kasaragode. I had an opportunity to interact with a few. And, they are telling religious polarization has destroyed business in the region. It's like Hindus from the Kasaragode will visit only Hindu shops and Muslims encouraging Muslim owned shops. Is the situation really bad as these people claims to be?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Many people from Kasaragode district are doing business in my region (Aluva, Perumbavur, Muvattupuzha etc) now a days. Especially textiles, opticals, footwear shops etc. Even in Idukki district (Thodupuzha) people from Kannur, Kasaragode are starting businesses. Why is this shift? More than 12 shops, mostly readymade textiles in Muvattupuzha are run by people from northern Kasaragode. I had an opportunity to interact with a few. And, they are telling religious polarization has destroyed business in the region. It's like Hindus from the Kasaragode will visit only Hindu shops and Muslims encouraging Muslim owned shops. Is the situation really bad as these people claims to be?
Your assumption is not far from the truth . I left Kasaragod 25 years ago , though I visit Kasaragod every year or so. I do share the sentiments you have raised here . It is unfortunate that Kasaragod is getting polarised on religious lines . It is not the same place I grew up years ago. The "us and them" culture is very prevalent and is visible these days.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
It is unfortunate that Kasaragod is getting polarised on religious lines . .
For a change the money from GULF did not bring the upliftment of kasragod. What Kerala must learn when they mock Malappuram stating its just the GELF that helped the Malappuram to grow.
The Muslime league which had education did a lot for the malappuram. But they ignored the kasaragod region completely. One Cherkalam abdulla could not have brought about what CH did for malappuram. This led to INL becoming a strong force. But INL has dwindled out slowly.no more grassroots.
Atleast with BJP now the central varsity is taking shape. The Saibaba hospital is coming up
Cherkalam brought LBS College in Sullia Road, Cherkala which is now a good institue with MTECH facilities.
Education access to all religions of kasragod WILL promote strong cultural bonding.

·
Registered
42 Posts

They will say so bcz you are a muslim..I think mangalore is religiously polarized area than that of kasrgod. Though mangalore is fastest growing city than that of kochi..There is no relation with religious polarization and business...Muslims from kasargod (ichas) are business community and they will stick every where with their own style and dielect..Kannurians are also same..You know most of the restrents and bakeries in ernakulam and trivandrum are run by kannurians.Its quite natural..I think fashion concepts of guys from southern districts also changing They are slowly adopting malabar YO YO culture..Thats wy kannurians and kasargodians starting to run shops with malabar style dresses..
pinne oru kaaryam paranjekaam..
kasrgod bhaagathulla ichaamaar avrudethaaya stylil lukilaanu nadakuka.dubailulla emarathi pennungale polum valakaan kazhivullavaraa ee kasrode ichaamar.. avarude glmr kandu avideyulla pennungalonum valayaathe nokkikko..kasrode pennungalum moshamonnumalla..kasrode penpillere kandaal aiswarya rai polum pirakil nilkendi varum...
kasrode pullozz aaranenn thodupuzhakaar kaanan pokunne ullooo...

·
Registered
42 Posts
For a change the money from GULF did not bring the upliftment of kasragod. What Kerala must learn when they mock Malappuram stating its just the GELF that helped the Malappuram to grow.

The Muslime league which had education did a lot for the malappuram. But they ignored the kasaragod region completely. One Cherkalam abdulla could not have brought about what CH did for malappuram. This led to INL becoming a strong force. But INL has dwindled out slowly.no more grassroots.

Atleast with BJP now the central varsity is taking shape. The Saibaba hospital is coming up

Cherkalam brought LBS College in Sullia Road, Cherkala which is now a good institue with MTECH facilities.

Education access to all religions of kasragod WILL promote strong cultural bonding.
Haa....haa ML had done alot for developments...Biggggg joke
I think ML is the only reason for the backwardness of malapuram . I dont like to say any politics here...Leave it...
ijj naalennam ketaanum moonennam chollaanumulla janmaavakaashathinu samaram cheyoo..development okke pinne

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
NH 66 Road Project with 45 M - Thalappady (kasaragod) <-> Edappally .

16 Bypasses - 18.6 KM Thalassery Bypass ( 4 Line , 800+ Cr ) Bid opened -
28+ KM Kozhikode Bypass( 6 line , service road , 1300 +Cr ) last date for tender submission is 17/Mar/2017 - NO new bypasses @ Kasarkode and kozhikode Districts -
5,4,6 and 1 bypasses wil come @ Kannur , Malappuram,Thrissur and Ernakulam(paravoor Bypass) districts respectively.

·
A1++
135 Posts
They will say so bcz you are a muslim..I think mangalore is religiously polarized area than that of kasrgod. Though mangalore is fastest growing city than that of kochi..There is no relation with religious polarization and business...Muslims from kasargod (ichas) are business community and they will stick every where with their own style and dielect..Kannurians are also same..You know most of the restrents and bakeries in ernakulam and trivandrum are run by kannurians.Its quite natural..I think fashion concepts of guys from southern districts also changing They are slowly adopting malabar YO YO culture..Thats wy kannurians and kasargodians starting to run shops with malabar style dresses..
pinne oru kaaryam paranjekaam..
kasrgod bhaagathulla ichaamaar avrudethaaya stylil lukilaanu nadakuka.dubailulla emarathi pennungale polum valakaan kazhivullavaraa ee kasrode ichaamar.. avarude glmr kandu avideyulla pennungalonum valayaathe nokkikko..kasrode pennungalum moshamonnumalla..kasrode penpillere kandaal aiswarya rai polum pirakil nilkendi varum...
kasrode pullozz aaranenn thodupuzhakaar kaanan pokunne ullooo...
Aishwaryayum kasagodinaduthanu. From Mangalore. hahahahahaha

·
A1++
135 Posts

To be honest, it is not the Muslim league that brought development to Malappuram, but the common people that worked in Middle east.
Muslim League failed to do even the basic infrastructure works in Malappuram like developing good roads. Malappuram got the narrowest road infra in the entire state. Without good wide roads, they are not gonna develop.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
To be honest, it is not the Muslim league that brought development to Malappuram, but the common people that worked in Middle east.
Muslim League failed to do even the basic infrastructure works in Malappuram like developing good roads. Malappuram got the narrowest road infra in the entire state. Without good wide roads, they are not gonna develop.
What about Thalassery, ones the largest city in malabar, now what is the situation? Comparing to Thalassery, Malappuram got better roads ! :lol: The problem comes when there is no opposition for ruling party !! ML and CPM, It doesnt matter !!

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Your assumption is not far from the truth . I left Kasaragod 25 years ago , though I visit Kasaragod every year or so. I do share the sentiments you have raised here . It is unfortunate that Kasaragod is getting polarised on religious lines . It is not the same place I grew up years ago. The "us and them" culture is very prevalent and is visible these days.
which is the place where polarization is not occurred. It is everywhere. Central Travancore is also polarized. Kasaragode is neglected town in the past. All political parties are culprits here. they need only political achievement than development. This kind of attitude from the political leadership should be avoided.

Here I saw some boasting dialogs of some people.. regarding life style and development of the town :lol: Study and analyze the reality.

·
Registered
350 Posts
which is the place where polarization is not occurred. It is everywhere. Central Travancore is also polarized. Kasaragode is neglected town in the past. All political parties are culprits here. they need only political achievement than development. This kind of attitude from the political leadership should be avoided.
I agree , your observation is correct regarding political parties working more towards political achievement than development of the society .

Here I saw some boasting dialogs of some people.. regarding life style and development of the town :lol: Study and analyze the reality.
I have no association with those comments .

521 - 540 of 578 Posts