SkyscraperCity banner

561 - 578 of 578 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Time gain from Mangalore Central to Kasaragod from February

From February 10, the diverted combined KSR Bengaluru- Kannur /Karwar Express via Shravanabelagola (Train No. 16511/16513) will leave KSR Bengaluru at 7.15 pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. It will reach Mangalore Central at 6.20 am the next day. This route will reduce travel time by 45 minutes

From Mangalore Central, the KSR Bengaluru-Kannur Express (Train no. 16511) departs at 6.40am to reach Kannur at 10 am. Enroute the train arrives/departs at Kasargod at 7.28/7.30amPayyanur at 9.08/9.10am.

From Mangalore Central, Train No. 16513, KSR Bengaluru- Karwar Express departs at 7 am to reach Karwar at 12:30 pm.

16517 KANNUR EXP
====================
15 MAJN Mangalore Jn
07.53 07.55
16 MAQ Mangalore Central
08.15 08.35
17 KGQ Kasaragod
09.18 09.20
++++++++++++++++++++++
16511 KANNUR EXP
===================
13 MAJN Mangalore Jn
05.58 06.00
14 MAQ Mangalore Central
06.20 06.40
15 KGQ Kasaragod
07.28 07.30
16 KZE Kanhangad
SR 07.53 07.55

·
Registered
350 Posts
Kasargod NH from Talappady to Kalikkadavu will be four lane. (7 m carriage way + 2 m shoulder) X 2.

Four flyovers: Kasargod (near pvt bus stand), Kanhangad (with KSTP road), Chengala (with proposed NH to Kalladka), Mavungal (with proposed Kanhangad - Panathur NH).
18 Vehicle underpass. 4 Light vehicle underpasses. Total cost is close to 4000 crores.
This is music to the ears. Is there a time frame set for this to complete ? Is there provision in the budget for this i.e who is paying for this . Someone needs to find that 4000 crores ...plus all the hassle of land acquisition and litigation etc. I did hear my friends in kasaragod town talking about flyover ... I will wait and watch.

·
Registered
467 Posts
This is music to the ears. Is there a time frame set for this to complete ? Is there provision in the budget for this i.e who is paying for this . Someone needs to find that 4000 crores ...plus all the hassle of land acquisition and litigation etc. I did hear my friends in kasaragod town talking about flyover ... I will wait and watch.
tender issued after more than 60% land acquired. rest LA going on.
nhai and private company will share construction cost under PPP HAM.
construction company will be fixed in coming months after receiving bids.
construction to start around mid 2018.
to be completed in around 30 months.

·
Aslesh Rajan K
9,993 Posts
X-posting
Four Laning of Chengala to Neleshwaram town (Pallikara Railway Gate) section of NH-17 (New NH-66) from km 57.200 (Design km 56.200) to km 95.650 (Design km 93.468) (total length 37.268 km) in the State of Kerala under NHDP Phase-III on Hybrid Annuity Mode

http://nhai.gov.in/tenders-current-details.htm?id_558
^^ Construction of Four-Lane of ROB in the section of National Highway 17 (new NH-66) from Km 93+468 (Existing km 95+650) to km 94+248 (Existing Km 96+450) as per approved GAD and its approaches & allied works on approaches of ROB near Neleshwaram town (pallikara railway gate) kasargad district in the state of kerala under NHDP phase 111 on EPC mode-Amendment-111-Reg
http://nhai.gov.in/tenders-current-details.htm?id_457

·
Registered
467 Posts
Pallikkare ROB work set to begin by April
Work on the long awaited 45-metre-wide rail overbridge (ROB) at Pallikkare near Neeleshwaram is set to commence by next month with the works tender getting approval from the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI).

The project awarded to the EKK Infrastructure Ltd firm in Ernakulam would begin by mid-April with the stipulation that the firm commence the works within 45 days after completing the required procedures, P. Karunakaran, MP, quoting a senior NHAI official said in a statement here.

The foundation laying ceremony of the Rs. 64.44 crore bridge having a length of 780 metres, should be held by April first week and the ROB initially planned to have four lanes would eventually be turned into six lane to ensure smooth movement of varying categories of vehicles.

EPC module

As per the agreement, the bridge having 20 metres wide two parallel metalled pathways is being built in Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) module, an arrangement used wherein the works contractor is responsible for activities like design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handing over of the project to the end-user, Mr. Karunakaran said.

The MP had staged a three-day satyagraha adjacent to the congested railway level crossing at Pallikkare seeking immediate steps to commence the much delayed ROB project in view of the frequent vehicular snarls on either sides of the railway track.

First tender

Even though the first works tender was floated on October 26 last year, procedural wrangles came in the way of finalising the project works.
THE HINDU

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think you are confusing development with shopping malls, entertainment facilities and trade. When I am talking about Government projects I mean not only Industry, but roads, rail, educational institutions, health care facilities. sports infrastructures etc.etc. In any case What has Mangalore got apart from the Fertilizer plant, Petrochemical Industry, Port trust, Iron ore processing
units, which are all Government initiated projects. I do not see any medium or large scale private industries in Mangalore apart from some small scale industries, as claimed by you. The once strong hold of Mangalore, roofing tiles industries are no more relevant. Another sector Banking, in which Mangalore was shining has lost its sheen, once they were nationalised. Now coming to Kerala, how many heavy industries in private sector are there in any part of Kerala? None. For that matter how many medium size private industries are there in Kerala? A few which can be counted on the fingers- a Kitex there a Vguard here and a western India Plywood some where else. Finished. What ever industries that Kerala got are in public sector and I do not see any of them worth naming north of Shornur. And yes, the growth in Thrissur and other cities of Kerala are driven by the growth of consumerism, coming out of the purchasing power of their inhabitants, mostly through remittance from expatriates. Consumerism in isolation cannot be counted as growth. Once the purchasing power of the populace diminishes, it comes to a nose diving stage. Growth has a foundation only it has a base of producing something, either industrial product or agricultural produce.

I will end this discussion by citing just one example of Kasargod. Today every district has got some sport venues worth mentioning. Including Wayanad who has got a beautiful cricket ground. What about Kasargod?

One more suggestion. If your idea of growth is proliferation of buildings catering to shopping needs, it is high time the people of Kasargod stopped patronizing Mangalore for such purposes. If this will ensure the development of Kasargod. By the way I am not a Kasargodian by definition, even though I wrote this much upholding their rights.
Then what about this Mangalore and Udupi?Aren't they also driven by remittances from gulf and bombay just like Kerala is?I ithink tulunad and central kerala are economically comparable than North Malabar....Both regions are moderately industrialized with private businesses and entrepreneurships....Kochi is a port industrial city like mangalore,maybe a bigger city and a bigger employer.....Kochi is stronger in IT,tourism,cinema and industrially at par with Mangalore....Thrissur is supporting it by small scale ventures and businesses and Thrissur is among the agricultural hub of kerala accounting for 40% of rice production and is a major market for organic produce,and is the gold capital of India and has many textile,chits,finance comapnies and also is known for many famous businessmen like your region,like Udupi Thrissur veg food is also renowned locally and has a good no.of Hindu
temples and brahmin settlement,educational facilties are also pretty
good by local standards though not as high like
manipal..Culturally also some of your practices in DK like tiger dance,bullock race and Dressup as god's is also there in central kerala,maybe due to age old konkani settlement in the region ....Remittances plays a major role but it is just like tulunad region,a major factor in economy, not the only factor like Malabar....Like DK region,the nodal NH 544 passes right through central kerala facilitating transport of goods and services and promoting industrial growth,connecting kochi and Bangalore and many nearby industrial towns and cities like Aluva,Angamaly,Chalakudy,Thrissur,Palakkad,Coimbatore,Salem,Hosur....Apollo tyres ltd,Steel and Forgings Ltd.,Nitta gelatin Ltd.,TELK,INKEL,Periyar Rice,Nirapara Factory,Eastern,Eloor Petrochemicals,GOI press,Carborundum Ltd.,Canning Industries Cochin Ltd.,Caico,Double Horse(there are many more to say but it will take up space) are also industries man,there are many such medium and heavy establishments here,you dont know about it because you never came here,you think every dstrct in Kerala is unindustrial which is wrong.....Many People I know are also employed in local companies as well as doing business in home,not just go to gulf or west,more akin to DK region..Being part of historical Cochin kingdom,we are also emotionally attached to Kochi as you are with Mangalore,and Kochi itself provides much good employment locally along with abroad employment as well,it is becoming now like a metro city with increased investment projects like Kochi metro,petrochemical hub,Grand Hyatt Kochi,Lulu Mall etc.....You don't know anything about this region economy as you never came here.....Entire Kerala is not backward and over dependent on gulf like Kasargod,certain districts like these are economically also somewhat sound.....

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have not seen the alignment of this ROB. Hope this completely removes that S bend . More importantly , I hope the build quality is much better than the one that was constructed in Padanakkad . It is good news to hear that the ROB is 45 metre wide, never seen one myself , that wide in and around Kasargod and Kannur . Hopefully I will be able to see that in 2020 , which will be my first road travel between Kannur and Kasargod without a level crossing .

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Mangalpady is a very big panchayat with a population of around 75,000.
Govt should consider trifurcating this panchayat by forming 2 municipalies and 1 panchayat:

1. Uppala Municipality (villages of Uppala, Mulinja, Kodibail)
2. Mangalpady Municipality (villages of Mangalpady, Shiriya)
3. Ichilangode Panchayat (villages of Ichilangod, Heroor, Bekoor, Kubanoor)

Similarly Manjeshwaram Panchayat can be upgraded to municipality.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mangalpady is a very big panchayat with a population of around 75,000.
Govt should consider trifurcating this panchayat by forming 2 municipalies and 1 panchayat:

1. Uppala Municipality (villages of Uppala, Mulinja, Kodibail)
2. Mangalpady Municipality (villages of Mangalpady, Shiriya)
3. Ichilangode Panchayat (villages of Ichilangod, Heroor, Bekoor, Kubanoor)

Similarly Manjeshwaram Panchayat can be upgraded to municipality.
I'm not very much a fan of creating more of the same . Why do you think there is a need for it ? Is it governance related or resource related ? It should be less of government and more of governance efficiency that the sate should focus on . Creating more government offices and staff will be an become a burden on the taxpayer . Why not we automate most of the mundane stuff that is done in the government offices . My opinion is people should not visit government offices at all unless it involves a complex decision making process , rest of the stuff that happens in a government office is specific rule based criteria. Citizens should be able to do everything that these civic offices provide as a service on a virtual platform and be able to do it in the comfort of their home any time of the day.
I know may people in my native place will not agree with my vision but there is nothing wrong in having that vision and working towards that.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts

In the Kasaragod district, Rs 360.44 crore has already been given to those who have acquired land for the development of the National Highway. 147.83 crores was given to Thalapady - Chenkala Reach, Rs 156.44 crores to Chenkala-Neeleswaram Reach and Rs 17.90 crores to those who gave land to Neeleswaram Railway Overbridge. An amount of 38.26 crore was provided for the land acquisition from Neeleswaram Bridge to Peelikkodu.

The entire land is expected to be handed over to the National Highway Authority by April 30. Technical tender has been opened for the work in Thalapadi- Chenkala and Chenkala - Neeleswaram Reichs. Road work could begin by March with the invitation of a financial tender.

561 - 578 of 578 Posts