SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
User
719 Posts
Nice aerials, too bad that many aerials are black-white. Kaunas old town looks lovely indeed and I also like these cozy residential districts.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Thank you, liutass! :) This series of Kaunas areal threads is quite a treat, I don't believe we ever had such views before. :eek:kay:

The yacht club is beautifully situated, I think you showed us pix of the berths a while back. I didn't know about the monastery, though! Is it still in active use?

And the Old Town ... thanks to various threads with closeups from Kaunas forumers and visitors, we know that it IS extremely lovely! :cool:

·
Heart of Lithuania
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whose Homepage said:
Thank you, liutass! :) This series of Kaunas areal threads is quite a treat, I don't believe we ever had such views before. :eek:kay:

The yacht club is beautifully situated, I think you showed us pix of the berths a while back. I didn't know about the monastery, though! Is it still in active use?

And the Old Town ... thanks to various threads with closeups from Kaunas forumers and visitors, we know that it IS extremely lovely! :cool:
You're welcome WH :)

The monastry is active. BTW, it's a women monastry. You can find some review here
http://tinkle.miestai.net/showthread.php?t=678

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Well, if the monastery is active and women live, work and worship there, it's a nunnery. And thanks for the link! Lovely looking place, and very large! :)

·
in action
2,120 Posts
^^^ Edmundo was in Vilnius and Kaunas just maybe a month or two ago, as well as he has posted some pics of these cities ;)

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
_alonso_ said:
@Edmundo

hey! I am just interested, have you ever visited any B&S states?;) it is very nice to have a guest from other part of the world! hope, you will stay for a longer time, as WH did:)
As Mantaz already told you, I visited Vilnius and Kaunas some weeks ago. Don't you remember? You actually told me to try and visit Kaunas (while I was in Vilnius) if possible :D
Of course you didn't know that Kaunas was already in my plans.

Anyway, I loved Lithuania and now I want to go back. I am trying to find some time to visit Lithuania again this summer.

BTW, I think that the Lithuanians would like to hear this: my wife wrote an article about Lithuania for a Lithuanian community paper published in Brazil. If it gets published I will post it here :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts