SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, here I am once more to show you some of my pictures that I took in Kaunas, another beautiful Northern European gem. I hope you enjoy my tour, because I greatly enjoyed this place.

·
Read Only
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

@blimey: needless to say, she loved Lithuania, even though she was sort of emotional (seemed that every old person remembered her of her grandparents). She could not meet any relatives of her, but she learned some important things about her family. We went to a public archive and she actually found the names of some of her distant relatives. And before this trip, her family thought that her grandmother (father side) was from a village close to Kaunas, while her grandfather (also from the father side) was from a village close to Vilnius. In reality, it was the other way around!
I am kind of sad by the fact that she couldn't meet some of her relatives, but I am also a bit happy because now we have a good excuse to visit Lithuania again :eek:kay:

Anyway, I am really crazy to go back to your country. In addition to some more days in Kaunas and Vilnius, I would like to spend some days in Klaipeda and in some other cities. BTW, since we are talking about this, wouldn't you guys have pictures of Siauliai and Marijampole? I am really curious to see how these cities look like.

·
Peter North
196 Posts
Thank you, Edmundo. but it would be better, if you had postponed your trip to summer, because as I see, weather really sucked.

could you retell you route, where were you in Kaunas, Vilnius?

press the link on my signature, you will find some more pics from Kaunas, perhaps you will recognise some places.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.