Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ This question might sound weird...

Was there a master plan for Albanian reconstruction after WWII? All the towns and cities I've seen seem to have similar main squares - almost identical, in some cases.

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question
Many cities in Albania have main squares.They were designed like this before World War 2 and i think before World War 1 for that matter.
Kavajë for example is an older city than Tirana and it's interesting to see it has a main square giving you the thinking that main squares have been built in many places besides Tirana.
Tirana was designed as a capital city.
They acctually created a masterplan for the city back in the early 20's.
I believe italian architects were involved on that project , i am not quite sure.
After World War 2 i cannot think of any city in Albania to have had a masterplan.
They already had the basic structure.
During communism they changed the structure of the cities by building commie apartment buildings.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
THe Tirana main square was built with help from the Italian fascist asrchitects. That's why there is an air of megalomania and its foolishness. I think however, in the future, as they will remove all traffic from it, it would be a great place for people to meet, children to hang out, musicians, festivals, and businessmen to walk as 12 skyscrapers are being built around it.

·
Banned
225 Posts
some village outside of kavaja

·
Banned
10,837 Posts
Ndertesa mbrapa Saliut eshte pallati i ri i kultures.

·
bitte spiel mir etwas
8,951 Posts
very cool!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts