SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were posted on skyscraperpage.com but I got permission from the photographer to post them here for discussion.

Downtown

Crown Center

Midtown/Westport

Plaza

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I forgot the final shots.
Is this the best residential density in the midwest outside of Chicago or what?!

This is from the Plaza looking north to downtown.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Fantastic pics of KC, love that town!

But Angelo, please tell me you aren't LJK or any one of his aliases...this is just how the last KC vs STL shit started...

·
Made in Indy
791 Posts
He probably is KCMike. These KC boosters are such dicks. I think it would be prudent to just ignore them here and let them post on kchickscrapers.com.

·
I claim to be staff.
2,171 Posts
MCC said:
He probably is KCMike. These KC boosters are such dicks. I think it would be prudent to just ignore them here and let them post on kchickscrapers.com.
Oh please, it's just a photo thread like any other. The responses are what'll make a thread go bad. If there was ever an instigative post, this quote is it.

Anyway. KC looks freaking awesome. I love the shots... thanks for posting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
MCC, you don't know anything about "KC Boosters"... Ever meet KCpowercat or GRID? their the ones who started the whole online KC development interest. They are also two of our most respected members. Unfortunately, our forum has gained a large influx of new members. Some are not as respectable as others.

I know who Angelo is, I respect his opinions on things while I don't agree with them. I like how he represents our city, but not how he has seemed to get in fights on here, SSP and the KC forums.

I see why a lot of our forumers don't like this website, if that is your opinion MCC, I will have to say you are completely wrong about KC forumers. We come on here to represent our city, yet people such as you try to bring us all down just because of a few bad apples.
Ignore all KC forumers? Apparently you are very discrimatory and arrogant, because any normal forumer would listen to what others have to say and only ignore them when they are breaking forum rules (such as flaming others or getting in fights).

MCC, think before you speak, and turn off your superiority complex towards KC forumers, it does you absolutely NO good.

Now i'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but I was very offended when he said that all KC boosters are "dicks"...

·
Made in Indy
791 Posts
Well before you showed up, the only KC posters here consisted of KCMike and his spamming aliases that are now banned, such as kcskylinelover. The blanket statement wasn't smart but the bad KC forumers are the only kind posting here at SSC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, thanks for clarifying that... I guess (from what i've read on the KC site) many of the good forumers stay away from here because of how their treated because of the "bad" ones.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kansas City has a lot of activity going on at the moment and you cannot keep up with our skyline with any photos over 1 or 2 years old... Those above are mostly just months old, so they represent it fairly well. However, since those photos were taken, construction has started on a Ballroom that will cross the interstate next to the convention center (the steel framing is almost completed), the Performing Arts Center will start construction this fall, the Federal Reserve tower is now at floor 3-4 out of 14... Construction should start this year on the 27 floor residential tower north of the H&R Block building. A 13 floor tower is under construction on the plaza, as well as another 10 floor tower...

There is a lot going on... I personally like using GoogleEarth and GoogleEarthSketchup to look at the skyline as it will look with the current construction.

·
Registered
396 Posts
MCC said:
Well before you showed up, the only KC posters here consisted of KCMike and his spamming aliases that are now banned, such as kcskylinelover. The blanket statement wasn't smart but the bad KC forumers are the only kind posting here at SSC.
I have tried to remain civil, and I have not spoken too badly against any city in particular.

·
Registered
19 Posts
^ Just so you guys know, thats not "KCMike"

What the heck happened to the KCSkyscrapers forum? I haven't been able to access it at all on any computer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kansas Citys skyline is very underrated,I think it can hold its own with any other city in the country,an awesome mix of new and old,classic style and alot of density,I was very surprised to see the overall density,nice pics.

·
Mostly Sane
2,325 Posts
Hey Angelo, what's the building shown in the KC aerial you posted? Do you know if Skidmore Owings & Merril (SOM) designed it? It looks like a twin of half of the Pillsbury Center in Minneapolis!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts