SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KC Downtown Featured in Fortune Mag

Details on downtown KC's $4.5 Billion building boom, 1000% increase in residential construction. Also a discussion about KC's Mexican connection and transportation prowess as the #1 Rail Center, #3 truck carrier center and in having the most underground warehouse space in the world.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow. This is interesting. It should be noted that this feature was paid for by the Kansas City Development Council....it's a puff piece. What proof of this do I have you say?

Here you go:
http://www.thinkkc.com/Fortune/

I guess if you are going to buy publicity, you may as well go all out like this I suppose.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KC is the fastest growing metro in the midwest outside of Chicago and the TC.
It's a great story that business leaders will want to know about.

·
Registered
79 Posts
^What did you expect from an article written and funded by KC developers ORDgasm? 100% truth? As soon as I read the first pragraph the bias in the article was so obvious that it prompted me to do a search and find out where the article came from. The way this article was thrust upon the members of this forum as a neutral article written by Forturne is laughable. So transparent.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ It's more transparent than you are! It is the #1 Rail Center.
KC is booming and i'm glad they're telling the world.

1000% increase in residential construction... WoW!

$4.5 billion investment in downtown............ WoW!

That's news :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
^KC has made progress, no one is denying that. As for me being jealous, I think not but you're entitled to your opinion. The only problem I have is that you attempted to post what in reality is nothing more than a paid for 8 page advertisement in Fortune magazine and pass it off as an objective peice written by Fortune. You forum is back online now. Why come here with this farce KCMike/Angelo/LJK/[email protected]/Raytownthug/KCSkylinelover? And why keep making more and more screennames?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Angelo2219 said:
KC is the fastest growing metro in the midwest outside of Chicago and the TC.
It's a great story that business leaders will want to know about.
possibly not as fast growing as minneapolis, but either way its out of control sprawl.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Mike, would you please quit telling lies/half-truths to these people?
The KC metro is actually at 2 million people, not 2.4 million.
You cannot put a figure on new construction, but construction has increased tremendously compared to the 1990s.
We have currently about over $2 billion in redevelopment Downtown, since 2000 that number (cumulative) is probably close to $4 billion.

Angelo, it is definitely not true that we are the fastest growing metro outside Chicago in the midwest.

Also not true that we are the largest rail center, Chicago is the largest rail center... However I noticed the subtitle which says something like "#1 by tonnage" which I guess might be true...

No wonder people don't trust KC boosters on here, I never realized how much half-truths were being told... At least now i'm here to correct them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Lighten up and why do you act like you know me? I don't know who you are.
You have just 2 posts and they are trolling responses behind my posts about KC.
You seem to be full of hate and self-loathing.
KC is a great place, you should visit once and find out.

I posted what the article said.
If you have a problem with it keeping you up nights you should contact the people that wrote it and let them know that you are an expert on everything.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Angelo2219 said:
I posted what the article said.
If you have a problem with it keeping you up nights you should contact the people that wrote it and let them know that you are an expert on everything.
Its not an article, its an advertisement.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes I know you Michael...

That is, unless your not Michael, then I've never seen you on the KC Development forum. And if your not from that forum, then I have no idea how you know GRID...

·
Registered
20 Posts
ShowMeKC said:
Yes I know you Michael...

That is, unless your not Michael, then I've never seen you on the KC Development forum. And if your not from that forum, then I have no idea how you know GRID...
thanks, showmekc..lets keep it real!

·
Registered
255 Posts
And yes, i'm KCDevin, that is not big news... I just changed names, I wanted ICXC deleted, but someone in the forum issues section advised I just create a new email and a new account, so I did.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts