SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

H&R Block Inc. announced it will locate a 500,000-sq.-ft. corporate headquarters building in downtown Kansas City, Mo. The elliptical design of the new headquarters is expected to be the centerpiece of the envisioned Power & Light entertainment district. Block’s new headquarters will include an underground, seven-level garage with 1,250 parking spaces and the building’s first floor will feature a variety of restaurants and retail stores.

The $140 million investment will bring more than 1,200 employees to the district and help generate taxes that can be diverted to support construction of additional parking garages and public amenities.

Block’s new headquarters is expected to be open in late 2006 and downtown Kansas City’s new entertainment district should be finalized by 2007.

·
I claim to be staff.
2,171 Posts
ScraperDude said:
wish it were twice the height though.....
Yeah, I agree on the height comment. Still though, it's a great addition to the city. Sometimes the mid-level high rises have a jumpstart effect. Besides, it looks fantastic next to the other building just behind it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
More height would be nice but this is the kind of development that most cities crave. 1200 workers, 1250 parking spaces UNDERGROUND, and ground floor retail and restaurants. Should be a great addition to the area.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Zissou said:
More height would be nice but this is the kind of development that most cities crave. 1200 workers, 1250 parking spaces UNDERGROUND, and ground floor retail and restaurants. Should be a great addition to the area.
Looks like they are doing this right. I like the oval design, KC doesn't have anything like that in it's skyline.

The color is supect though.
What nightclubs/restaurants have committed as tenants?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts