SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A dynamic nine city block mixed-use retail, entertainment, office and residential district located in the heart of downtown Kansas City. The district is the cornerstone of a massive $2 billion urban renaissance which includes major new attractions such as a new performing arts venue, arena, convention center expansion and 10,000 new urban loft units. The $850 million district is the largest and most exciting new development in the mid-western United States.
http://www.powerandlightdistrict.com/Website/renderings.htm

·
Registered
546 Posts
I was waiting for someone to post renderings of this project. It's going to be amazing when it's finished, it would really help that area of downtown out dramatically.

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
Looks awesome. I like the WHOLE development, inch by inch. Looks great for the city.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is all of this being built at one time?
The residential portion looks very aggresive for Kansas City.

Who will the tenant be for the Sprint Arena?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
One thing that I dont like is that Cordish is putting these things all over, while flashy and attractive, they all have very similar if not identical tenants. :-/

·
Pittsburgh rocks!!
899 Posts
It sure sounds like Kansas City's downtown is getting much better than it was when I was there about 4 years ago. It definately needs revitalized.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I like the design aspects of this, but I am quite suspect of downtown entertainment "districts" per se. I think they are much better when they grow organically, rather than a planned, canned, thank you ma'ammed download. If this were an addition to an existing area, I would like it better, but it looks like this will be the only game in that part of town. Are there any other entertainment venues in that area, or is it just offices? Will it be able to expand organically into the surrounding streets and neighborhoods? just wonderin'

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Crossroads Art District is 4 blocks to the south.
It is the largest art gallery district in the midwest.
The links below have info on the 60+ galleries within a few blocks of each other.

Crossroads Community Association is non-profit association dedicated to the revitalization of the portion of downtown Kansas City known as the Crossroads Arts District. Our urban mixed-use community is quickly emerging as a vibrant center of art, loft living, enterprise, culture and entertainment!
Crossroads Art District
Crossroads Info

·
Registered
38 Posts
A I visited The Cordish Company's KC offices on the 30th floor of the ATT Pavillion, here are a few new pics.... this is coming along nicely and the first residential tower is starting construction soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those renderings are outdated... The H&R Block tower is nearly completed, there will be a 22-27 floor residential tower built across the street on the block north of it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't doubt the success of already established entertainment districts. Besides, they will act as a catalyst for future development. Who would want to build residential towers in a downtown with nothing to do?

·
Registered
255 Posts
The first residential tower will be 27 floors (last number was 22, 27 was heard by a forum member at a meeting)... It may or may not start construction soon. Cordish is trying to see if W Hotels is interested in putting a hotel in the NW section of this block (at the corner at the upper-right-center) so the design of the tower may have to change depending on how that effects it. Not only that, but there are also other issues, it might start this summer or this fall...

·
Registered
38 Posts
^ ShowMeKC is KCDevin, Your other screename here is ICXCookieIXOYC.
You revealed yourself and I'll deal with you appropriately. Only you would be so foolhardy as to post something like that in your typical writing style when Cordish hasn't made any announcement about the actual height.

Add ICXCookieIXOYC and ShowMeKC to Devin's screenames.
The list keeps growing. See ya in the KC Forums ditzo.

·
Registered
79 Posts
^We already knew ICXCookieIXOYC was KCDevin, I exposed him a week ago. If what you say is true about ShowMeKC, which I don't yet jknow if it is, then that's extra sad that he would have 2 concurrent screennames.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have ICXC b/c I was once tried to live my religion, I had to create new screen names because I don't have the information on my old KCDevin account.

BTW Michael, I SAID they never made an announcement, it was overheard by a FORUM MEMBER in a meeting... Michael, instead of speaking before you think and getting in trouble, just lay back and read posts. You've been banned from other sites multiple times, i was only banned from 1 and I learned my lesson. Change your posting style and your attitude (which comes across as arrogant and very threatening/angry) and people will listen to you... If you notice, most people on here will not listen to you because of your attitude and posting style.

Going back to the whole 2 accounts thing, I dropped ICXC (I am not going to use it as I have this one)... and KCDevin, I lost my password and cannot get it back, which is why I chose to create ICXC... Look in the forum issues section of this forum and you will see I requested someone to delete the account ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts