SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice pics!!
What do you mean "Scintillating"?? Sorry for my English :hammer:
We have here in Seville a very big avenue called Avenida de Kansas City, I think because our cities are brothers or sisters :hammer: :drunk:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dababest said:
Nice pics!!
What do you mean "Scintillating"?? Sorry for my English :hammer:
We have here in Seville a very big avenue called Avenida de Kansas City, I think because our cities are brothers or sisters :hammer: :drunk:

Hi Dababest,

Scintillating just means riveting, striking, wonderful, et cetera. And indeed our two cities are designated as Sister Cities. Sevilla has the Avenida de Kansas City, and Kansas City has the Country Club Plaza district, where parts of the architecture are direct imitations of of the architecture of Sevilla, including the Giralda tower, though our Giralda is a half-sized replica.

·
Registered
924 Posts
is Kansas city not in Kansas?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xander said:
is Kansas city not in Kansas?
There is Kansas City Missouri, and there's Kansas City Kansas. They border each other, but have separate and distinct municipal goverments. Kansas City Missouri is the primary city in the metro area with about 450,000 residents, while Kansas City Kansas only has about 150,000. The total metro population is very close to two million. But yes, the primary portion of Kansas City in fact does not reside in Kansas at all, it's in Missouri.

All these pictures are from the Missouri side, as the Missouri side is far more interesting than the Kansas side. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts