SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Final design plans for Sprint Center, the glistening jewel in the revitalization of downtown Kansas City, were revealed August 18. The design, which fulfills all the original stated goals of the project, will feature a transparent glass exterior, optimal sightlines for both basketball and hockey, and fresh colors and finishes. It represents a unique arena experience, crafted with the mind of a Kansas City sports fan. The 18,500 seat Sprint Center is slated to open in the fall of 2007.

http://www.yourkcarena.com/

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am really stoked to see the Sprint Arena start to rise from the ground...I make frequent trips to KC (went to Rockhurst for 4 years) to see my friends that still live there, and I'm always excited about new developments...I just have a couple of questions that some of my friends there who are die hard Chiefs fans, born and raised, LOVE their city obviously and rightfully so, voiced to me a couple of weeks ago when I was there..

Do you wish that the Sprint Arena could and or would have more seating capacity? Will there be room for expansion even after construction is completed? I am excited to see KC get an arena of some sorts downtown...some of my friends weren't too happy about Jackson County voting down the rolling roof proposition at the beginning of the month, but I am very glad you voted yes on the first proposition.

Anyway, just a couple of questions, sorry about rambling on...very excited for KC!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts