Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
KCB have today done the groundbreaking for their new ultramodern HQ building in upperhill,nairobi,along kenya road directly opposite Equity bank HQ building..

i saw the render on site and its breathtaking,soooo tall,totaly awesome,blew me away!!! dint hv my camera but pics coming sooon...:banana::banana:

·
美国: Rep KE
3,602 Posts
KCB have today done the groundbreaking for their new ultramodern HQ building in upperhill,nairobi,along kenya road directly opposite Equity bank HQ building..

i saw the render on site and its breathtaking,soooo tall,totaly awesome,blew me away!!! dint hv my camera but pics coming sooon...:banana::banana:
Thats the 'une grande' we have all been waiting for. Btw Welcome to SSC - Kenya.^^

·
Registered
237 Posts
I saw the renders myself from the company that is managing the project, "pinnacle" projects and the renders were awsome. the building is supposed to be over 50flrs high will be the tallest in Kenya. They spent six months doing research on the same in Germany and switzerland where a delegation was sent. I don't have the renders in my hand yet, bt i'll post them soon. Do you guyz remember I had quoted the project in one of the forums?
Good work Muriithimuhoro. Welcome to ssc.

·
Veteran
3,369 Posts
I saw the renders myself from the company that is managing the project, "pinnacle" projects and the renders were awsome. the building is supposed to be over 50flrs high will be the tallest in Kenya. They spent six months doing research on the same in Germany and switzerland where a delegation was sent. I don't have the renders in my hand yet, bt i'll post them soon. Do you guyz remember I had quoted the project in one of the forums?
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/...banks/-/539550/1067454/-/6yr7iqz/-/index.html

it says 22 floors,so i don;t know which is which.

·
Registered
54 Posts
KCB Plaza

"KCB Plaza will have 450 parking slots :banana: and a total rentable space of 171,801 square feet.
It is expected to be ready by January 2013 and will adopt green architecture to support ongoing global efforts to curb waste of energy and other resources.
Designed to use natural light, it will have a wastewater treatment plant and incorporate efficient energy consumption, including solar energy." KCB chairman Peter Muthoka
^^
Very forward looking indeed.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts

We had expected more than 50 floors, but still very positive development. One day we will still have a 50+ floors tower. Great design, with energy consumption and conservation in mind.

·
3,602 Posts
Guess its time to fold-up and swallow pride. Hopefully the oversized KCB inscriptions shall be sized its looks rather overburdening to the 21 story structure.

More KCB Plaza : Construction Site

http://1.bp.blogspot.com​

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Guess its time to fold-up and swallow pride. Hopefully the oversized KCB inscriptions shall be sized its looks rather overburdening to the 21 story structure.

More KCB Plaza : Construction Site

http://1.bp.blogspot.com​
there is no pride to swallow son. u were simply giving us info that u had at the time. as far as i am concerned i always peoples efforts to keep us updated on ongoin and upcoming projects.

keep up the good work kisumundogo ur updates are majorly appreciated around here

·
Serengeti
4,295 Posts
this project had alot of anticipation to be taller...but still a nice add to upperhill.

I can see it is chinese construction company building this tower.

·
3,602 Posts
there is no pride to swallow son. u were simply giving us info that u had at the time. as far as i am concerned i always peoples efforts to keep us updated on ongoin and upcoming projects.

keep up the good work kisumundogo ur updates are majorly appreciated around here
I'll try to do my best to update all our projects even as new one comes in, thanks.^^

·
Registered
656 Posts
The KCB is the bank for Kenya-Stanchart and barclays dont invest anything inthe country other repatriate money bank to london
Thats the wrong way to look at this my friend. We always cry out for international investment. these companies are in kenya to make money for themselves and EMPLOY KENYANS and PAY TAXES to the public purse. Thats how you build the economy. Its up to us to build the amazing buildings we want in our country, not complain that someone else does not do it for us. KCB operates in other countries and Im sure they bring the money back home. also Barclays has a few buildings in kenya (Banks need a strong asset portfolio to remain solvent).

·
Registered
12 Posts
for your information emwangi.that is what barclays and stanchart want you to think that they really doing so much-emplyment and taxes...huh.looks at their outflows-what they do to invest tbills,siphon it out back home.investing is putting money into the local wananchi.don't be fooled.

·
3,602 Posts
The KCB is the bank for Kenya-Stanchart and barclays dont invest anything inthe country other repatriate money bank to london
First Happy New Year 2011 to all Forummers. ^^

That's exactly what our indeginous banks (KCB, Equity and Co-Op Bank) are doing in The Sudan, Uganda.. with their overseas investments they repartriate money to the mother company(Nairobi) and so is Barclays Bank and Standard Chattered Plc's as is expected.

Good thing we are in a FREE MARKET with enough financial mettle Kenya investors are free to reverse the hemorhrrage; they can purchase these foreign banks majority shareholding or advance a hostile-bid(impossible feat) if law governing mergers and acquisitions in the concerned country approves.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts

That's a very "trade-unionist"way of seeing things. All foreign companies, banks included, are there to make money; They are not on some humanitarian mission in kenya. And as Kisumu Ndogo earlier stated, that's what our banks do in UG and Sudan, that's what Nakumatt does in Rwanda. At the end of the day, it is upto us to ensure we have strong banks/companies in the country. If the foreign banks pulled out, they will only lose aliitle, as more markets are waiting for them out here. the kenyan market is not "indispensable".

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Wrong,they do as they have some Kenyan shareholding(i think 51/49) so a good chunk is left in kenya and even barclays put up Barclays Plaza almost 20yrs ago.
Another thing is we're partly to blame for our banks being "lesser" due to political loans made to well connected politicians without collateral which almost brought NBK to its knees or if your company does well it becomes a target during skirmishes for political/tribal purposes

1 - 20 of 467 Posts