SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
What does KD stand for? And does this look like it's located on um al khanzeer island?

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
i believe its kadhimiya.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
رئيس الوزراء said:
اللي يشوف التصميم يكول هاي شنووو .. السؤال متى يبدأ العمل؟؟؟؟
لحد الان هو فقط حبر على ورق يعني لا يوجد اي عقد.

·
Sumeri
1,957 Posts

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
This is really beautiful. Alhamdulillah it will soon be reality.

Baghdad the capital of Arab culture need to return to it's former glory as the capital of the Arab world (of course apart from the Two Holy Sites) and former seat of the Caliphate which it was for 500 years and nominally for 800 years.

That beautiful city has such a rich Arab history and was center of the Islamic Golden Age.:)

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
so they're planning on turning the current site of the old estikhbarat into a "business district" with towers. That would be doable as its government land. a few bits are currently palm groves and the kadhmiya club but they would be taken with a "compulsory purchase order"
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=33.3798623&lon=44.355092&z=15&l=0&m=b

I don't see the point with the lakes in the middle though. the site is already surronded by water!

I wonder what the adhmawis will make of this? sitting in a slum across the river? sectarian much?

·
Bettengann
1,093 Posts
so they're planning on turning the current site of the old estikhbarat into a "business district" with towers. That would be doable as its government land. a few bits are currently palm groves and the kadhmiya club but they would be taken with a "compulsory purchase order"

I don't see the point with the lakes in the middle though. the site is already surronded by water!

I wonder what the adhmawis will make of this? sitting in a slum across the river? sectarian much?
where else would they wash their clothes bro :D

·
Sumeri
1,957 Posts

This thing seems a bit too good to be true. I think they'll both be sitting in slums for some time.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
LOL! So they just decided to throw in a bunch of random skyscrapers together on some empty piece of land? How dubai-like... no thanks. Sort of disgusting.

Rest of the project looks good though. Similar to their plan for Karbala.

This is just a proposal, Dewan Architects already won the competition! So most likely this project will never happen!

No, we will be happy for our Kadhmawi brothers. :D And will patiently await our turn..

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
No, we will be happy for our Kadhmawi brothers. :D And will patiently await our turn..
which will never happen as long as vengeful shia sectarians are in power.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Spin Cycle said:
Anyone notice the latmiya in the first picture? :D
It's not latima it looks like a dabka. There's random pictures of People with 3gal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts