Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kelowna - the Orchard City of British Columbia has a population of 127,380 (2016)/ (Metro - 194,882) located in Okanagan Valley
and it's about 400 kms northeast of Vancouver.

Last July 7, 2018, we drove east started at 6 o'clock in the morning for a night's camping.
I would be uploading photos I've taken along the way in chronological order.
It would be boring to some but I invite you to travel with me (in photos :))

Abbotsford which is just outside metro Vancouver (about 80 kms)

·
Registered
10,138 Posts

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How could such a road trip with always changing sky ever be boring, Robert? :)
I very much enjoyed your atmospheric pics - here are some favourites :cheers::
Seems like you are storm chasing... ;)
We planned this trip like 3 weeks ago, never thinking to have this kind of weather so we're kind of hoping that at the end of the rainbow there's light, I mean Kelowna and the rest of the Okanagan valley is sunny and warm.
anyways, thanks Silvia, that's such an encouragement for me to upload the rest. BTW, I like pic # 14 as well for it's being eerie and threatening.
Likewise, thanks to Chris, Roman, Danmartin and Madonna for your nice comments/visits....enjoy!

Let's continue the trip-

34 Gassing up in nowhere

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

42 We've covered about 150 kms, at Hope - a nice town with camping grounds and a river to catch salmon with hook & line.

47 a patch of blue sky (still part of Hope and we've hoped futher for bigger patch of blue sky.

·
Feliz pela Vida que segue
9,307 Posts
Be sure your register of "deep country" in British Columbia isn't boring, we love and want to see more :)

So there is a motorcycle season there, seems amazing :eek:kay:

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Phantastic changing weather, great pics, wonderful landscape, Robert! :applause:
thanks Silvia, I'm so glad you're loving the road scenery and the weather and thanks again for that :applause:.
Be sure your register of "deep country" in British Columbia isn't boring, we love and want to see more :)
So there is a motorcycle season there, seems amazing :eek:kay:
thanks Eduardo for loving it and yes, I see these groups of motorcylists and they really drive long distanced, very fast, noisy.:) but nice to look at them with their leathered jackets and helmets.
nice shots - I like the changeable weathers, from greyest/cloudy to sunny.
Nice comments Dwest, yeah, it's really somewhat fascinating to see the changing weathers at a fast pace driving at over 100 kms/hr.
Are those place names indigenous? They don't sound at all English or French.
yes Jane, Kelowna and Okanagan (Salish)are indigenous names, there are also English names like Meritt, Vernon, and there's place going to Whistler that I can't read because of too many consonants.
Very atmospheric mountain shots. Love this patch of blue:
thanks Nick, I'm really glad for liking them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
61 nice and sunny at where we are but still there're some grey skies beyond.

After covering about 300 kms (estimate), and with that puffy cumulus,we're assurred our final destination is warm and sunny :)

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
^^Thanks, Chris, I appreciate that....

Since we left Vancouver, we never saw a rest room along the highway and after an over three hours of driving my three companions (2siblings & in-law) need a personal neccesity so we stopped at this exit which is a dead end and do their thing while I was busy looking for some interesting thing to shot. The other six (2 kids) were behind because they were on an RV which can only run @ 80 kms/h:)

80 Then resumed driving, nice sunny scenery!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts