SkyscraperCity banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
True! Motorbikes would be great. Especially ones designed specifically for African needs like ferrying passengers and deliveries. That could actually be a billion dollar concept if you expanded to rest of the continent like @kenguy said.

Kenya's car market is small but its motorbike market is huge. There are over 100,000 imported motorbikes annually. Motorbikes are the best option for building a manufacturing base. We have rich iron ore deposits, steel mills, fabricators etc. All we lack is govt will to get these players to sit down together and kick start a manufacturing industry. Imagine if all the "nduthis" driven in Kenya were made in Kenya?!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Kenya's car market is small but its motorbike market is huge. There are over 100,000 imported motorbikes annually. Motorbikes are the best option for building a manufacturing base. We have rich iron ore deposits, steel mills, fabricators etc. All we lack is govt will to get these players to sit down together and kick start a manufacturing industry. Imagine if all the "nduthis" driven in Kenya were made in Kenya?!
What has already peaked my interest are the three wheels bikes specifically for commercial purposes. First saw them in Vietnam but I have seen them slowly take away the delivery business in the city away from trucks.

·
Registered
12,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #183

This is a very good move.

But where are crash tests rating down in Kenya??

I noticed why don't Kenyan police cars come with more light accessories.

Example:

These things would super helpful at night when doing patrols in the dark, have spotlights everywhere around the car and illuminate the distance especially these days with super bright LED lights.

·
Benjamin
69 Posts
Volkswagen starts local SUV assembly

VW Tiguan Allspace, which will retail at between Sh4.5 million to Sh5.5 million, is the second SUV to be put together in Kenya after PSA Group and Urysia Limited partnered to assemble Peugeot 3008 utility cars.

Source

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
Some fruits of the Big 4 Agenda. :yes:

They only need to make these cars more affordable to ordinary Kenyans.

181 - 187 of 187 Posts