SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 524 Posts

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
But's with you guys driving on the wrong side of the road or it's the picture that makes it look like that?

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Keep them coming.:cheers::cheers: sweet, smooth roads.

Good job guys, That's what put smiles on my face, when villagers can move their agroculturel products without any probelms and cities get food on time.

The army/police can respond very fast/quickly and efficiently. and you enjouy life in your country travelling from east to west , north to south.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
hahahahahaaa even samoa is changing from the right side to driving to the left. left side driving is the new movement. LOLZ:lol:
Nigeria doesn't drive on the wrong side, they swicthed a longtime ago...as for Samoa, it's a Chicken country, too small to matter.:lol:

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
Got this off one newspaper. The new miritini, maji ya chumvi dual carriage highway to Mombasa. Part of Mombasa road ( Highway A109) in Coast province.

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
Do you by any chance have a Map of the Highways?
Just use this site to zoom in and see the roads network. Though to me this map is old. Many distances that have been converted to dual carriageways are missing.

http://www.multimap.com/world/KE

Kenyan Roads classification.

A roads
Kenyan A roads are typically trans-national, often linking Kenya to at least one other East-African country.

A1, Tanzanian border - Sudanese border
A2, Narobi - Moyale (Ethiopian border)
A3, - Liboi (Somalian border)
A14, Mombasa - Tanzanian border
A23, Voi - Taveta (Tanzanian border)
A104, Athi River - Namanga (Tanzanian border)
A109, Nairobi - Mombasa

B roads
Kenyan B roads primarily connect major cities and districts.

B1, Nakuru - Ugandan border
B3, west from A104 at Kijabe via Narok to Migori
B8, Mombasa - Garissa

C roads
C roads in Kenya typically connect towns and settlements within a single district.

C107, Kaloleni - B8
C111, Mazeras - Kaloleni
C115, Chidutani - Dida

^^
Just so that you can understand the map better.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I am impressed with the road along Mt. Longonot and I hope it's that way all the way to Nakuru, if not beyond. The second picture depicted as a dual-carriage way may not be so. I think the road you see on the side is the old Naivasha-Gilgil road. Had that road been a dual-carriage way, the dividing line would have been white and not yellow stripes.

mt longonot and a very good looking highway

^^this a dual carriage highway

this highway looks sweet too

^^this is a dual carriage too. i think if you look closely you will see the other side of the highway

this is one is pretty nice

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
I am impressed with the road along Mt. Longonot and I hope it's that way all the way to Nakuru, if not beyond. The second picture depicted as a dual-carriage way may not be so. I think the road you see on the side is the old Naivasha-Gilgil road. Had that road been a dual-carriage way, the dividing line would have been white and not yellow stripes.
^^
I thought that was the dual carriageway around Lanet in the 2nd pic. Anyway, Im no expert on road markings let alone the colour.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
what do you mean by the dividing lane should have been white and not yellow?

It doesn't matter wha coulor doesn't matter. I France they use white colors in US they use Yellow . it doesn't matter.
what matters is for the drivers to know the mining of the lanes.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
We are discussing roads in Kenya and the color they use to divide (seperate left lane from right lane, in this case) lanes on a two-way road is yellow and for a dual-carriage way (the assumption here is that physical 'dividers' are in place, otherwise double yellow lines are used) it's white. In both cases, the boarder lines are in white. Incidentally, it's the same scheme used in the US. Never been to France. My earlier response to you was simply to correct an anomaly and offer a clue for future references. If you intend to be a safe driver it's important to know what colors on and around the roads represent.

what do you mean by the dividing lane should have been white and not yellow?

It doesn't matter wha coulor doesn't matter. I France they use white colors in US they use Yellow . it doesn't matter.
what matters is for the drivers to know the mining of the lanes.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We are discussing roads in Kenya and the color they use to divide (seperate left lane from right lane, in this case) lanes on a two-way road is yellow and for a dual-carriage way (the assumption here is that physical 'dividers' are in place, otherwise double yellow lines are used) it's white. In both cases, the boarder lines are in white. Incidentally, it's the same scheme used in the US. Never been to France. My earlier response to you was simply to correct an anomaly and offer a clue for future references. If you intend to be a safe driver it's important to know what colors on and around the roads represent.
You guys drive on the wrong side of the road anyways. there may be different road codes than the ones i'm aware of.

21 - 40 of 524 Posts