SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Mombasa Rd. (A109).

You can see how drought has ravaged our country. All grass is brown in colour. I hope it rains soon.

I think that middle part of the road should be utilised by adding more lanes. Though I hear there are plans to increase the lanes from 6 to 8.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
I think that middle part of the road should be utilised by adding more lanes. Though I hear there are plans to increase the lanes from 6 to 8.
They will definitely need more lanes given the rate of increase in the number of vehicles. Though there was talk of introducing special lanes for buses or tramlines in between the highway. (personally, i'd prefer the monorail project to pass here).

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
They should make this dual go all the way to ongata rongai and also all the way to Karen shopping center to avoid the snarl up at the end of the dual
Hmm...Im just thinking how the interchange for the two dual carriageways (at Brookhouse) would look like if that happened. Maybe one day...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
You have not seen the worst yet. This craze began in the late nineties when the likes of Pasaris came up with the idea of lighting the city and in return the city allowed them to erect advertising board. There are areas where each street light has an advertising boards, albeit smaller than the ones here: it's an eyesore.

wow! the marketing market in kenya is just getting crazier, look at al those billboards!!! are those billboards really that effective? they could atleast had big spaces btn them coz its easy to miss some of them

·
Registered
583 Posts
You have not seen the worst yet. This craze began in the late nineties when the likes of Pasaris came up with the idea of lighting the city and in return the city allowed them to erect advertising board. There are areas where each street light has an advertising boards, albeit smaller than the ones here: it's an eyesore.
Which one would you prefer

A. Clear lightposts, dead lights , dark street

B. Eyesore, working lights, lit street.

The choice is yours

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The answer, given the limited choices, is A: I would prefer working lights without the eyesore but that would be asking too much from our local governments - at least for now.

Which one would you prefer

A. Clear lightposts, dead lights , dark street

B. Eyesore, working lights, lit street.

The choice is yours

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
^^ that's beautiful man. No wonder why Kenya's economy is running fast. ( despite lack of resources).

Good job man.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Nairobi-Nakuru (A104) at Lanet, Rift Valley Province.

The old toll station and weighbridge near Gilgil, Rift Valley Province.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Kenguy,
Is the Naivasha-Gilgil-Lanet (arguably the worst road stretch in Kenya) fixed yet? Looks like Lanet-Nakuru is now a lovely road, and it's now a three-lane highway! Lovely.

Nairobi-Nakuru (A104) at Lanet, Rift Valley Province.

The old toll station and weighbridge near Gilgil, Rift Valley Province.

41 - 60 of 524 Posts