Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lights of Africa
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread involves a creative imagination that should your limits of how and what cities, urban areas and metropolitan areas will develop into with good governance, planning and probably an industrial boom. You can post on any city/town, its importance, size, metro, gateways like airports, superhighways and expressways, bridges etc. All i want are futuristic ideas.

·
Lights of Africa
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What would be better- an arch bridge or a suspension bridge for likoni. I see no future in using old wornout ferries and please tallglassy i respect you as a kenyan forumer so dont attack me anymore am kenyan not tanzanian

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I'm waiting for Konza and Tatu cities to be completed. If they are serious enough and these projects get completed then it would be a drastic change and many of the existing cities may be restructured like them.:yes:

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Each major city in kenya will have a Tram line, At least one or two skyscrapers, a lot of green-space, High-speed rail connecting each city etc..

And that render of Kibera is just fictional

·
Lights of Africa
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mombasa will eventually have an offshore port like the chinese did in Shanghai. This is because cargo ships are getting larger (the largest being built at 18000 TEUS). The Kilindini port may then handle smaller ships of upto 6000 TEUS and be connected to the offshore port by a long sea bridge

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Kinyakankick said:
Mombasa will eventually have an offshore port like the chinese did in Shanghai. This is because cargo ships are getting larger (the largest being built at 18000 TEUS). The Kilindini port may then handle smaller ships of upto 6000 TEUS and be connected to the offshore port by a long sea bridge
the port just got upgraded we can even build an inland port to handle the tonnage

1 - 14 of 14 Posts