SkyscraperCity banner

1761 - 1780 of 1791 Posts

·
Vivek
628 Posts
ഗള്ഫ് നാടുകളില് നിന്ന് കേരളത്തിലേക്ക് പ്രത്യേക വിമാനം ഏര്പ്പെടുത്തുന്ന കാര്യത്തില് കേന്ദ്ര സര്ക്കാരില് സമ്മര്ദ്ദം ശക്തമാക്കുമെന്ന് മുഖ്യമന്ത്രി പിണറായി വിജയന്. സാധാരണക്കാരായ പ്രവാസികളുടെ ക്ഷേമം മുന് നിര്ത്തിയുള്ള പദ്ധതികള് സംസ്ഥാന സര്ക്കാര് നടപ്പാക്കി വരികയാണെന്നും മുഖ്യമന്ത്രി ദുബായില് പറഞ്ഞു.

https://tv.mathrubhumi.com/gulf/new...1.29540?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CM in Dubai mentioned that he will coordinate with center to get special flights from Gulf to Kerala.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/kerala/airfare-concessions-for-nrks/article29602199.ece

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Press Brief - Will Sabarimala airport dreams take wings this time?

Will Sabarimala airport dreams take wings this time?

An aerial view of the proposed site for Sabarimala airport. Photo - Manorama

A view of the Cheruvally Estate, which is in possession of the Believers Eastern Church.
The government is planning to takeover the estate for the airport. - Photo: Manorama

Source - Manorama Online News

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Ingane oru plan ullathu Adani Groupinu ariyaamo??
Bussiness standard says they have plan to invest Rs 18,000 crore in airport business.

Adani Group chalks up plan to invest Rs 18,000 crore in airport business

Adani Group is readying to invest Rs 18,000 crore in its airport business, including Rs 10,000 crore in acquiring a large stake in Mumbai International Airport (MIAL). The remainder Rs 8,000 crore is to be spent on developing Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Thiruvananthapuram, and Mangaluru airports.

The Ahmedabad-based group won five airports in an auction in February. Investment in Thiruvananthapuram airport has been delayed owing to litigation initiated by the Kerala government, which moved the high court (HC), saying it will not let a private firm take over the airport.
https://www.business-standard.com/a...crore-in-airport-business-119102000642_1.html

·
Trivandrum @ 2020
1,027 Posts

·
Aslesh Rajan K
9,993 Posts
Air strips for small UDAN aircrafts proposed to central govt in Kasargod, Wayanad and Idukki. Location under consideration are Periya in Kasargod and Kalpetta in Wayanad. Land will be provided by state govt and runway will be constructed by central govt.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Air strips all over Kerala is a gimmick. Like the very high speed rail, sea planes and inland river connecting. If at all it is taken up, huge amount of public money will go drown the drain. Nothing tangible will be achieved. And nobody will be benefited.

Before you prepare to jump at my jugular vein and drink my blood, ask what happened to the sea planes purchased with your and my tax money. They are getting rusted and rotten some where.

There will be no takers for these air strips. No air lines are going to operate in these routes investing huge amount on small planes. No domestic or international tourists are going to use it. Except some five star hotels to ferry their customers. That too may be.

·
here and there
4,455 Posts
Air strips are not a fancy project. In fact Kerala is the state with least aerodrome or airstrips . We only know fancy international airports . we have no idea about actual airstrips.

those small clearings with a small runway capable for military aircrafts are needed for rescue and other emergency services. Idukki & Wayanad needed airstrips as those districts are difficult to reach by road.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
For rescue operations usually choppers are used. Not passenger aircrafts.

Alright. You wait for air strips and air crafts to go from Kozhiode to Kalpeta. In the meanwhile let me use some thing that moves on terra firm. I shall reach Kalpatta before you and return. You shall be waiting in your air strip for the next plane to take off. Unnless they fly you every hour.

Any way I am not bothered. Whether you fly or drive. We are done with our sea planes and flying boats to connect our coastal cities. The next thing is air strips. Good luck to you.

·
here and there
4,455 Posts
^^Choppers cannot be operated in rough weather. What is your issue? why you take everything personal? :nuts: . Sea plane and speed boats were not planned properly. and they were of course a fancy project . not any kind of infrastructure creation. But Airstrips are an infrastructure project. nothing fancy about it.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I wished you good luck. How can this be anything against you. I once again wish you good luck for a hundred air strips in Kerala. What more can I do for you?

·
Outsider
4,089 Posts
Air strips for small UDAN aircrafts proposed to central govt in Kasargod, Wayanad and Idukki. Location under consideration are Periya in Kasargod and Kalpetta in Wayanad. Land will be provided by state govt and runway will be constructed by central govt.
They had better be capable of at-least an ATR72.

There will be no takers for these air strips. No air lines are going to operate in these routes investing huge amount on small planes. No domestic or international tourists are going to use it. Except some five star hotels to ferry their customers. That too may be.
I fear the same. Although its great to try and get airstrips operationalised, the past three iterations of UDAN have shown how the scheme has not succeeded in fostering routes by small aircraft as initially intended, and now the scheme is majorly being executed by ATRs and A320s. :eek:hno:

Merely building small airstrips across the state is of no use if the Government policies on importing, owning and operating small aircraft for commercial use are not updated to encourage the import/use of 20 seater planes.

If these airstrips are built, they'll be Beneficial primarily to Sarkari aircraft and the "KalyanJet, JoyJet" category of small biz-jets. This applies for the entire country, not just Kerala.

·
Aslesh Rajan K
9,993 Posts
Would be good for charters and airforce flights for ministers and VIPs. Now VIP flights land in major airports and then they take a chopper from there.

1761 - 1780 of 1791 Posts