SkyscraperCity banner

1741 - 1751 of 1751 Posts

·
Registered
8,490 Posts
Yes... future is online world..
Down the line it will happen with multiplex also with online releases and UHD TVs...
10 screen 15 screen will surely not be future.

·
here and there
4,455 Posts
I think there is an otherway possibility as well. As people are bored with locking themselves down. They may take every chances to visit outside. Before it was people tired from work, reach home and order stuffs online. Now people staying home (most probably work from home culture will last after covid ) take a break and go outside.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The quality of public spaces in India is relatively very poor as against the developed world. Malls provide that neat, hip and safe public space for people to socialize. Even while online sales for apparels will increase online, the presence of a brand in a mall is a big factor for its brand recognition and online sales. Nobody would buy a Nike shoe if nobody has ever seen one in a mall.
What use are all these clothes and shoes if you cant be seen wearing one anywhere?

Same for Cinemas. The experience of watching a movie at a cinema with the latest tech and projection is unparalleled. None of these home theaters can give you the real deal. OTT platforms will eat into the pie of conventional television, but the market for the real cinema experience will always exist- After Covid.

·
Registered
8,490 Posts
Yes...but how many viewers are going to multiplex for such unparalleled experience? Limited.

Majority are normal people who given an option of viewing online releases will.prefdr to sit at home and save 2000 Rs.

·
Registered
8,490 Posts
With advent of Netflix Amazon and Jio which is gonna come in big way...
Multiplex owners are gonna have tough time getting customer back...

·
here and there
4,455 Posts
After having a 53" led smart tv, along with Netflix Amazon and a Sony Home theatre, I watch movies in theatress only when I heard about the Theatre experiance of the movie. Recently, Jallikkett and Ancham pathira was the only Malayalam movies in the list.

And movie makers are also aware about this. They are gonna spend more and nore for this high energy theatre experiance. And All these Sathyan Anthikkad type family dramas will eventually released only in Amazon or Netflix etc. We are going to witness a paradigm shift in movie making and release.

But Theatres are here to stay of course.

·
Registered
8,490 Posts
Let's see how future pans out ..

Multiplex killed single screen...
The Amazon's Netflix gonna kill multiplexes..

Do you really think 15 screen 20 screen multiplex are gonna be future?

I beg to differ.

Also it's not correct to expect Malayalam cinema to follow Hollywood and produce movies which are gonna Avengers Spiderman type technology dominant movies...

We rely on stories and scripts... and that's why our movies are of their own class

·
here and there
4,455 Posts
Those stories based movies has no future in multiplexes for sure. And they will think about releasing online. Small screens with inferior sound system will also go.

But my point is screens will stay. Numbers may get reduced. Whether it shows Hollywood, Bollywood, or Mollywood. People will go to cinemas for cinematic experiences.

·
Registered
9,362 Posts
HiLite Mall Thrissur (Kuttanellur Flyover) - Latest Status (20.05.2020)

1741 - 1751 of 1751 Posts