SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
No. It looks like Vince Calderon Stadium before completion.

Atletico Madrids stadium was built in the 60s. It looks like a stadium from the 60s. There is no reason why a football loving (supposedly) like Iran should be building stadiums that look like they are from the 60s.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Atletico Madrids stadium was built in the 60s. It looks like a stadium from the 60s. There is no reason why a football loving (supposedly) like Iran should be building stadiums that look like they are from the 60s.
I have been to Vicente Caledron and it is much better than anything in Iran.

That said Atletico will move to an amazing stadium next year.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Some old football grounds are actually better than the new onesin terms of design , atmosphere etc and they can have all the great services with renovations
Anfield , old trafford , santiago etc are all nearly a century old

Vicente calderon is a very atmospheric and uniquely spanush stadium but sadly it hasnt had proper renovations or else they could of not built a new one
They could of closed the gaps , brought the lower tier closer, built a roof etc
Though cost and managements are a large issue

·
Registered
650 Posts
Some old football grounds are actually better than the new onesin terms of design , atmosphere etc and they can have all the great services with renovations
Anfield , old trafford , santiago etc are all nearly a century old

Vicente calderon is a very atmospheric and uniquely spanush stadium but sadly it hasnt had proper renovations or else they could of not built a new one
They could of closed the gaps , brought the lower tier closer, built a roof etc
Though cost and managements are a large issue
They have built a magnificent new stadium instead.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The only built new because maintenance costs were far too costly. Plus they might sell the land the current stadium is on.
Otherwise the atmosphere and layout at Vincente Calderon is one of the best.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
they are still building it , and the fans are largely skeptical

magnificent is not only the way it looks

but the history , location, atmosphere and symbolic nature of a stadium like vicente calderon is hard to replace

the owners named the new stadium wanda municipal... it sounds bad

dont get me wrong the new stadium is great, but that doesnt mean there could of been a better choice . either way it doesnt mean V.C was a bad stadium

im sure atletico fans would rather have something like old trafford which has been renovated and kept modern over the years, or like san mames which was rebuilt on their old stadium

·
Registered
650 Posts
It's taste. I prefer a new stadium for my club rather than renovation of the old.

Either way all these are so much superior to anything in Iran.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
My concern is mostly the location especially innthis case
If they rebuilt a brand new ground on top of the current vicente calderon , like what they are doing at tot'ham , i think it would of been the best , or at least the new stadium should of had more influence from the style of the older spanish stadia like vicente calderon

Either way , the new stadium is very grand (though i would of preferred steeper stands)

Atletico is undergoing a massivr change and wants to become one of the giants , new academies etc are also part of their masterplan

41 - 48 of 48 Posts