SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the place to discuss all of the fantastic changes that are proposed to Kettering town centre over the following years. Along with the whole of Northamptonshire, Kettering is going to expand dramatically, with 13,500 new houses proposed to be built between 2007 and 2021. The rendering below gives a flavour of the scale and quality of the proposals:

(Station Road Gateway)

I will post more renderings of several of the town centre plans very soon. In the meantime, click on some of the links below to get a flavour of all the exciting changes that Kettering will experience:

Kettering Town Centre Framework.
Kettering Business Park.
Eastern Expansion Plans.
Major Warehousing Development.
More Housing Plans.
[More Town Centre Plans.
More Dynamic Plans.

And it's not just Kettering that is benefiting - all of the villages within the district are developing local plans that will allow them to regenerate and expand properly. Information on this is here.

·
quacked
2,294 Posts
kettering - that's a place i know well - all my dad's side of the family come from there. nice town, full of grannies though (including mine)

where are the new homes being built - all over town or concentrated in certain areas?

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
I think its time for the East Midlands to have its own sub-forum. With places such as Leicester, Kettering, Corby, Nottingham and Derby undergoing big changes, it would tidy this section of the forum up.

On another note though, whilst i'm not a fan of the Prologis warehouses they've recently built in Kettering, the new offices they've built opposite the Argos warehouse do look nice :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are the new homes being built - all over town or concentrated in certain areas?
The largest development proposed is mainly to the east of the town, basically south of Warkton and linking round to Ise Lodge/Deeble Road (a masterplan is on one of the links above), catering for 8,500 homes.
There is also a housing development proposed to the west of the Trading Post which will infill to the A14. (Masterplan also linked to above)

They are the main areas that I can think of but I would imagine some spare or derelict pockets of land nearer to the town centre would be built on also.

I think its time for the East Midlands to have its own sub-forum. With places such as Leicester, Kettering, Corby, Nottingham and Derby undergoing big changes, it would tidy this section of the forum up.
Good idea - it would make it look much more tidy and get a wider audience as well.

On another note though, whilst i'm not a fan of the Prologis warehouses they've recently built in Kettering, the new offices they've built opposite the Argos warehouse do look nice :)
The Prologis sheds are, erm, quite large! It is nicer now that the landscaping has started to grow and soften the area.

The new Beechwood offices do look very smart - there are also plans there for a hotel and more offices. It's good that they are making use of the land as it has been overgrown for years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More exciting news for Kettering. The plans for a new theatre at the Kettering Leisure Village have been unveiled - see here.
Due to the relocation of the Tresham Institute from St. Mary's Road, the existing McKinlay Theatre had to be closed. The plans should benefit the KLV as it is need of a good refurb.

·
Robin Hood
5,163 Posts
Im assuming you mean splitting up the present subforum into the different cities and towns?

If so I agree.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
An update for 2011 - Kettering is beginning to benefit from new development. The market place refurbishment has been completed and the development to create a retail/restaurant quarter to the south of the market place is almost finished.

The inadequate traffic light junction linking Northampton Road and Northfield Avenue near the railway station has been replaced with a double roundabout, which is proving to be far more efficient.

Kettering Business Park to the north of the town is progressing nicely, with the first phase of development including offices, a Holiday Inn hotel and Harvester restaurant which proves very popular!

I intend to take pictures of the completed and ongoing developments in and around Kettering and post them here as it is exciting to see the bold plans realised.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts