SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

works:

(OLD PICS)

The Al-Mogran Development Project is an over $4 billion development project undertaken by the Alsunut Development Company that seeks to develop several thousand acres in downtown Khartoum along the spot where the White Nile and Blue Nile merge to form the Nile. The discovery of oil in Sudan has provided the Sudanese government with a billion dollar surplus that allows the funding of this project.

Starting in 2004, the project has two main phases:

phase one, the Central Business District development

phase two, the residential estate portion.

The Al-Mogran project, when completed, will produce 11,000,000 square feet (1,000,000 m²) of office space, 1,100 villas, housing for 45,000 residents and visitors, and jobs for 60,000 Sudanese.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Location of the country end the city.

Continent zoom:

City zoom:

Location zoom:

Location of the site just below the big island in the river.

·
16,918 Posts
That's insane.. There are better ways to use that money for.. I hope it won't be destroyed by war.. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's insane.. There are better ways to use that money for.. I hope it won't be destroyed by war.. :eek:hno:
Idd the conflict in Darfur... but maybe the land or hole Africa needs time to develop. I think the future for Africa can be good ass they invest the money in the right way. I think little by little Afica is rising a have lots of examples of big projects goiing on in Africa.

·
Atheism rulez!
3,078 Posts
OMG! Really great news from Khartoum!!! :applause: So good to see some effects of development reaching the city! ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
This one is now beeing built, its the Headquarters of GNPOC (oil) ciompagny

The Headquaters of another oil consortium compagny is now also beeing built, its PDOC HQ:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
This one is now beeing built, its the Headquarters of GNPOC (oil) compagny

The Headquaters of another oil consortium compagny is now also beeing built, its PDOC HQ:

Great uptade thanks!:banana:

Nota bene: I thougt that was the headquarter of GNPOC (oil) compagny but so is isnt. The building is recently finisched!

Lots of more pics on this thread:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=398255&page=19

Khartoum is growing!

·
TUNISIAN MODERATOR
3,071 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts