SkyscraperCity banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is a really interesting project... but why is taking so long? Chinese contractors should be able to finish that much faster than that...

·
Registered
21 Posts
This project is one of the many assets recently seized by the ministry of finance. They'll most likely sell it to an investor that'll (finally) complete it or they'll top it off themselves and sell each individual apartment unit. Curious who will purchase the hotel and mall.

This project has been standing for over a decade they spent money on it and it just went to waste

·
519 Posts
This project has been standing for over a decade they spent money on it and it just went to waste
Tell me more
It's been 8 years since the ground breaking which is indeed a long time but the economy did fall upside down leading to many projects getting halted.

Musheirib (neighboring waterfront project) was also seized; both belonged to Ali Ahmed Karti who was a corrupt former official.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's been 8 years since the ground breaking which is indeed a long time but the economy did fall upside down leading to many projects getting halted.

Musheirib (neighboring waterfront project) was also seized; both belonged to Ali Ahmed Karti who was a corrupt former official.
Let me know if you find any thing because I been doing a lot of research about projects halted in Sudan and so far I haven’t gotten anything

·
519 Posts
Let me know if you find any thing because I been doing a lot of research about projects halted in Sudan and so far I haven’t gotten anything
Yep i'll try to keep these types of threads as updated as I can. It's definitely a process but a lot of these halted projects will be coming back to life soon. The new government has done many much needed reforms.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts