4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
comparisons

·
RAWR ROAR RAWR
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cambodian Community in Australia

Small numbers of Cambodian refugees began arriving in Australia after Pol Pot gained power in 1975, numbers peaked in the 1980s. Between April 1975 and June 1986, 12,813 arrivals were sponsored under the Refugee and Special Humanitarian Program. Family stream migration increased the numbers of the Cambodia-born in Australia to over 20,000 by the mid-1990s. According to the 2011 census, there were around 28,000 Cambodian-born people and their families living in Australia.

In 2013, 941 students were enrolled in Australian education institutions.

https://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/cambodia/cambodia_brief.html
The Number of Cambodian Students in the U.S. Increases

AKP Phnom Penh, November 29, 2013 —

The number of Cambodian students who studied in the United States in the 2012-13 academic year were 393, an increase by 18 percent over the previous year, according to the 2013 Open Doors Report on International Educational Exchange released recently.

On the other hand, the number of U.S. students who studied in Cambodia rose to 303 in the 2011-12 academic year, up 11 percent if compared to the previous year, it pointed out.

The overall number of international students at colleges and universities in the U.S. were 819,644 in the 2012-13 academic year, an increase by 7 percent, while American students studying abroad were above 283,000, up 3 percent, underlined the report.

The U.S. Embassy in Cambodia promotes U.S. education opportunities for Cambodians through its EducationUSA Center at Pannasastra University in Phnom Penh, through engagement at its American Spaces in four Cambodian locations, and through the annual U.S.-Cambodia Education Fair, among other programs, said an embassy’s press release.

In early next year (Feb. 15, 2014), U.S.-Cambodia Education Fair will be held in Phnom Penh with the participation of over 20 U.S. colleges and universities to share information about U.S. study and scholarship opportunities, added the press release.

By Khan Sophirom

http://www.akp.gov.kh/?p=39405
Number of Cambodian Students in the United States at an All-Time High

Released on November 27, 2013

The 2013 Open Doors Report on International Educational Exchange, released on November 11, 2013, finds that the number of students from Cambodia who studied in the United States in the 2012/13 academic year increased by 18% over the previous year to an all-time high of 393. In 2011/12, the number of U.S. students who studied in Cambodia increased to 303, an 11% increase over the previous year. Overall, the number of international students at colleges and universities in the United States increased by seven percent to a record high of 819,644 students in 2012/13, while U.S. students studying abroad increased by three percent to an all-time high of more than 283,000.
http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/112713_pr.html
WTF

·
RAWR ROAR RAWR
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My mates told me limkokwing is for spoilt rich kids

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
I know a foreign student in our class when I was in year 11 (could be year 12, not sure now),

I am aware of him because me and 3 of my best buddies sat on the same lab bench in Physics, and when this guy come, he sat on our bench without asking, one of our best friend is force to move to the back of the class. I only see him in Physics, not sure where he is in all the other classes.

I can't remember his name, he doesn't talk to anybody, so imagine how awkward when we do science experiment.

He always carries a bicycle pump with him, so he most likely come by bike with a leaky wheel he can't afford to fix.

We are in year 11, we are 16, 17 years old, but this man must be in his mid 30s, maybe older, which explain why he never fit in, so he is actually older then most of our teachers, I think the teacher told us he is a gifted students where the government sponsor him to study in Australia. From memory he stayed with us for less then a school terms, no one know, no one asked his where about.

I pretty sure he is from Cambodia.

·
RAWR ROAR RAWR
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ which high school? cabra, canley, fairvale, other?

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
^^ Canley Vale, that was back in 1992.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts