Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took today the shots on the way home (work and live in Marussi) and as I wantet to test my new digi cam I thing they came good out so here we go
Before I forget the photo trip ends on the Kifissias /attika ring road it is near the Nerantziotissa Station I like especially the pics from Attika Road….
Here we go….

·
Strength and Honour
2,322 Posts
i can't see any.

·
Strength and Honour
2,322 Posts
Great shots :eek:kay:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carpe diem said:
bravo george! poly kali douleia :eek:kay:
Ευχαριστώ, I will try to make more from some other arias

George it is a nice work...I liked the light at the first photos...
Yes I like them to but it was already late and of course the time I needed to walk until the ring road it was already dark...

and thanks allan as well

considering that it was the first time that I used this Camera I thing they came good out ( but I had experience with other Digicams)

its a pity today it is raining... cant go anywhere..

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
great job george!!

looking forward to more. :)

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,115 Posts
Excellent job george!!! :) I'm very happy that there is another one that took it to the streets and started taking pics of this city like that. It is time for the publics of this forum to know that Athens has a modern distict called Maroussi (I had presented a thread in Euroscrapers in 2003 but now it's gone).

Also for the Turkish forumers visiting this thread:

This is the closest thing you may find to Levent, Maslak and Buyukdere Avenue in Athens.

Also for the benefit of informing all foreign visitors here: Kifissias Avenue is a long 20km Avenue that connects Central Athens to the Northern suburbs. It passes within breathing distance from the main Athens Olympic Sports Centre and cuts through a number of high class suburbs like Chalandri, Psychiko and especially, Maroussi, when the Main Olympic Sports centre (and the Olympic stadium is located.

Although I am busy this weekend, I have some daytime pics on stock to add to this beautiful collection by George. So:

-Pictures taken from the sides of the footbridge close to the "Hygeia" Hospital. In the first picture, the blue bui8lding in the foreground is the Athens Olympic Committee Head Offices

-View from the same spot depicting the main Press and Exhibition Halls used in the Olympics (very limited view though as these buildings occupied some 150,000 sq. metres in total:D

-View of the typical style of the lowrises in Kifissias Avenue

-Athens fourth tallest, and second tallest Office tower, the Atrina Centre as seen from Kifissias Avenue

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks my friend for your contribution everyone who is willing to contribute on Athens is welcome.... your photos are excellent as well....
as for me it is the first weekend after over one month that I have really time for my self and not for my job... and as I see today the weather is fantastic I will make some additional pictures but first of all I intend to visit the new acropolis museum construction and make some pics
and later on some additional well we will see where....

1 - 20 of 95 Posts