SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1011 Posts

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
downtown kigali

this is a redevelopment pln for kigali to build a huge amount of buildings and malls,paks.schools etc. the project is going to cost 700,000,000 dollars and will be funded by uganda,kenya the netherlands and rwanda.

mariott hotel
no. rooms :250
completion date:april 2012
a new hotel in kigali costing 60,000,000 dollars again being partly funded by uganda and kenya.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I didn't know Uganda and Kenya were funding the Kigali Marriott Hotel, how about those other buildings, have they started on the construction yet?

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't know Uganda and Kenya were funding the Kigali Marriott Hotel, how about those other buildings, have they started on the construction yet?
partly funding. the company building it operates in uganda and netherlands.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MIXED URBAN DEVELOPMENT, SOPETRADE RD, KIGALI-RWANDA
Fusione was commissioned to design a mixed urban complex composed of 30 luxury apartments, commercial office space as well as commercial retail space. The building is conceived as two towers, with the shorter one for commercial office space and the other with residential apartments. The commercial facilities include pace anchor tenant, two screen cinema, a gym and swimming pool. Parking is provided for 150 cars.

MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT, KIYOVU-RWANDA
The development is situated on a 9,036m2 flat piece of land in the urban heart of Kiyovu, Kigali opposite the Kiyovu main Hospital and the Kigali Serena hotel. The design is composed of two independent towers with a 241 car parking lot (94 of these cars in a sub ground parking) sandwiched in between the two towers. The taller of the two towers, Tower A, has 10 levels all of which are commercial lettable space mainly targeting corporate offices. It has a built –up area of 8, 750 m2 that is serviced by four lifts and two staircases. The shorter tower, Tower B, has 8,047 m2 of built-up space with 8 levels. 7of these floors from the first floor to the top are purely luxury residential apartments 38 no. of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom typology. The ground floor of this tower has a restaurant, 6no. line shops, health club with sauna, steam, massage parlours, gym and a swimming pool.

VISION YOUTH GROUP SPORTS CENTER
Vision Youth Group is a charity founded on a philanthropic client’s dream to get orphaned kids off the streets of Kigali and give them a brighter hope through a career in sports mainly soccer and table-tennis. The client wanted a development that had sports and accommodation facilities where these orphaned or less privileged children would put up and hone their skills in a sport that would hopefully later on pay off in professional sports career . The site chosen is a big chunk of relatively flat land right next to the Nyamirambo Football stadium, in Nyamirambo,Kigali. The facilities designed were a soccer field with bleacher stands, 100seater multi-purpose sports hall with a music recording studio and gym, tennis and basket ball courts, swimming pool, bar and restaurant,2-storey office block and a 40 bed student’s hostel.

the website:http://www.fusionearc.com/index.htm

·
Registered
5 Posts
@u.g. boy. wow these pictures look great! do u know when the construction is going ot start?
and i got a question: where do u get these pictures from? myself i follow the news on whats going on in EAC but i never see detailed pictures like these in news articles..

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
@u.g. boy. wow these pictures look great! do u know when the construction is going ot start?
and i got a question: where do u get these pictures from? myself i follow the news on whats going on in EAC but i never see detailed pictures like these in news articles..
i get the pics from ugandan construction companies websites. all the pics above are being built by ugandan companies. i posted the links for the companies below.mariot hotel is complete in april 2012 and the downtown kigali project is still in the planning stages.the other three projects are also still being planned.

·
Registered
90 Posts
New Kigali

<p><a href="http://vimeo.com/8048561">The New Kigali, Rwanda</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2130368">CK Chan</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had to pick up my jaw off the floor! :eek2:

Is this the new master plan developed with Singaporean experts? I remember reading something along those lines.
I am glad you liked it, U.G Boy, you seem to be in Kigali now, can you update us on the construction of the Kigali Convention Center? Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
KIGALI, RWANDA -Ugandan tycoons, Sudhir, Joystina Ruparelia and a Rwandan counterpart, Hatari Sekoko are to spend US$200m on building a modern complex in Kigali.

The project on a seven hectare piece of land in the city surburb of Nyamirembo replacing a Police post that has been situated in the area for a long time, will have parking yard for both commuter and private vehicles. The tycoons will also construct shopping malls, plaza, apartments, hotels, hospitals and restaurants.

When East African Business Week visited the site, bulldozers and caterpillars were busy leveling the site. This site opposite 1930 Prison used to be a police station. The Police had to relocate to Nyamirambo to pave way for the complex on the prime land.

It is estimated 507 cars; with 169 minibuses and 145 buses will be accommodated in the area.

This might address the parking problem in the city where 60,000 vehicles are estimated to be operating daily.

The public has welcomed the project saying it will address the traffic problem in the city caused by cars parking on the streets and at times causing traffic jams.

Charles Ngarambe, CEO Kigali Bus Services, a man who came up with the idea of introducing rotational buses (pick and drop passengers) in the city proposes, "Regional buses should move immediately to ease traffic flow."

"The regional mini busses without parking yards have messed up (cause traffic jams) Kigali," Ngarambe says. It is only me (Kigali Bus Services) and ONATRACO with parking yard.

To ease traffic jams further, Kigali City Council is encouraging property developers to design their basements for parking.

Some of the buildings that have basement parking include City Tower and Insurance Plaza the Union Trade Centre has.

The emergency of this project does not only serve to provide a service to the city of Kigali, but also goes far in improving the trade relations between the two neighbours.

The Ruparelias are involved in a host of other businesses in Uganda which include Hotels and hospitality, banking sector, forex trade and the flower exporting industry under the Rosebud farm.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
the kigali cbd masterplan developed by a Singaporean office

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

it have already began

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

inside the tower