SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Centum keeps raising the bar. That view from the infinity pool is just superb. Let's not even talk about the landscaping. My God. If these villas don't sell out within months then we shall conclude the economy is tanking.
And Konza has been doing basic infrastructure for a decade now

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It can be done in Kenya if people are serious about it. Imagine the same happening all over the coastal line and tell me in 10 years time the Kenyan coast will not be a tourism destination just like the like of British Virgin Islands, Cancun Mexico, etc...

We are not children of a lesser god.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It can be done in Kenya if people are serious about it. Imagine the same happening all over the coastal line and tell me in 10 years time the Kenyan coast will not be a tourism destination just like the like of British Virgin Islands, Cancun Mexico, etc...

We are not children of a lesser god.
Not happening. We have already chased away Watamu investors because of vested interests and his refusal to play ball.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Centum is Kenyan owned. Just need more like minded investors.

Thing is, in Kenya "we" make it hard for investors with a crap load of red tape. Given
attractive incentives there would be a lot of interest especially in the Kenyan coast.
The potential is there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
And Konza has been doing basic infrastructure for a decade now
We just have to be patient with Konza. These things take time. Even half a century. Perhaps the KAIST will attract more attention from corporations or the students will become the entrepreneurs. Business seems to follows skills and infrastructure. See the relationship between L.A, San Francisco and the likes of UC Berkley, Stanford, UCLA et al is somewhat symbiotic

·
Registered
642 Posts
We just have to be patient with Konza. These things take time. Even half a century. Perhaps the KAIST will attract more attention from corporations or the students will become the entrepreneurs. Business seems to follows skills and infrastructure. See the relationship between L.A, San Francisco and the likes of UC Berkley, Stanford, UCLA et al is somewhat symbiotic
Half a century to build Konza!?!? Just to clarify, half a century means 2070!! By then most of us in this forum will be dead! Kama ni hivyo basi wacha ikae. Better to use that money to upgrade our current universities.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Half a century to build Konza!?!? Just to clarify, half a century means 2070!! By then most of us in this forum will be dead! Kama ni hivyo basi wacha ikae. Better to use that money to upgrade our current universities.
haha, come on. I though my estimations were modest :D:D. Unless our economy grows in double digits for the next two decades like China from the 1980s then we can expect Konza and Tatu to be realized within 50 years. Look at the empty commercial spaces across the country.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Can we have better names for places!! Ok pazuri means a good/nice place. That’s a name of an estate really!!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts