Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a clue if this is just a vision or is the real deal, but Kinetic have designed a Safety Village.

Client: West Midlands Fire Service
Architect: Kinetic AIU
Brief: Fit-out proposals for interactive public safety exhibition
Completion: 2009
Websites: New Fire Service HQ and Safety Village

Also as part of the development is the new West Midlands Fire Service HQ:

So does anyone know if this is actually happening? And does anyone have any further information like construction details etc etc? :dunno:

·
Change is Here!
4,082 Posts
I don't have a clue if this is just a vision or is the real deal, but Kinetic have designed a Safety Village.

Client: West Midlands Fire Service
Architect: Kinetic AIU
Brief: Fit-out proposals for interactive public safety exhibition
Completion: 2009
Websites: New Fire Service HQ and Safety Village

Also as part of the development is the new West Midlands Fire Service HQ:

So does anyone know if this is actually happening? And does anyone have any further information like construction details etc etc? :dunno:
Ahhhhhhhh.

That noise you're hearing is the penny in my head dropping.

This is the old co-op dairies site in Duddeston. It is already under construction! The steel frame of the building in the last picture on the right is well advanced, and the foundations are down for the building on the left.

You can see it as clear as a bell if you take the cross city train from Erdo/Sutton. On your right hand side after Duddeston station, and before the viaduct over Lawley Middleway.

Thanks Erebus!

·
Registered
726 Posts
It looks like a theme park to me.
You know - like Cadbury World, but instead of learning about chocolate you learn about accident prevention.

You may laugh, but have you heard/seen Dicken's World, which opened in Kent this month?

·
ex-pat Brummie
6,475 Posts
It looks like a theme park to me.
You know - like Cadbury World, but instead of learning about chocolate you learn about accident prevention.

You may laugh, but have you heard/seen Dicken's World, which opened in Kent this month?
What the Dicken's is that then?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Dickens World will be great for school children - it will make the stories come to life - but beyond that I can't see the market. Those who love reading classics won't be attracted by a "theme park" and those that love theme parks aren't really going to be interested by the life and works of Charles Dickens.
For the life of me I can't see why we can't call Dickens World and the Safety Village "museums" (or "interactive museums"). It's like someone somewhere has decided "museums" are too stuffy, so it's time to re-brand them as "theme parks". :rant:

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Dickens, you know every bus to work i get, and the bus back, takes me strait past Dickens Birthplace Museum, and never have i thought 'Hmm, i want to go in there'. Making a Dickens theme park does little more to persuade me.

The safety place looks like a good idea though.

·
Ahoy Ahoy
7,829 Posts
I dont get it. I thought i had it with the fire HQ as that would be classed as safety of sorts. But it's listed as a separate entity.

Have we established what it is then?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts