1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lamb Development Corp
architectsAlliance

By grey on UT.

Here's 11 Charlotte. It's the 2½ storey white building, current home of CORE -- a support centre for developmentally challenged people, and there was also a tv/film production company in there for a while, but they've consolidated into another office building on Spadina.

By carturo15 on UT.

11 Charlotte, 35 floors, 200+ units, $575+ psf, launching in Nov.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Too bad for that building even though it's old is so dull looking. It's days are numbered. Not even a facade job here.

·
Moderatee
1,096 Posts
for a plain boxy box, it's different. maybe it's the neatly placed gift on top. i like it too.

·
Moderatee
1,096 Posts
where's colourful dleung gone?
this sexy box 'n box combo surely has shortcomings... and we're all to blinded with adoration at the moment.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Not that this is replacing a club, but Clubland gets smaller and smaller each year. It's fun watching this are evolve and reach it's full potential.

At its peak, 67,000 revellers choke its streets and narrow laneways, with just 60 officers deployed to manage them. With 87 nightclubs jammed between Queen, Wellington, Spadina and Simcoe streets, it is the most densely saturated club district in North America.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I think there is enough condo's down in Wan Chai to support the clubs and nightlife now. If you love this tower build it in North York. The old white building is still in good enough shape and would be better serve turned into a little art studio space with a basement neghtclubs or something.

·
Less is More
3,044 Posts
I think there is enough condo's down in Wan Chai to support the clubs and nightlife now. If you love this tower build it in North York. The old white building is still in good enough shape and would be better serve turned into a little art studio space with a basement neghtclubs or something.
Shut up about North York, no one gives a damn anymore you broken record.

I walked through the clubland tonight. I feel sorry for all those girls who feel it necessary to sport ultra short skirts in this weather.

·
39,265 Posts
I walked through the clubland tonight. I feel sorry for all those girls who feel it necessary to sport ultra short skirts in this weather.
I don't, it's their own stupid fault for dressing like that. There's nothing sexy about some woman freezing her ass off, navigating ice with high heels, and with all their bits hanging out. They just look ridiculous... and cheap.

·
Less is More
3,044 Posts
I meant I feel sorry in a "I pity them for having little common sense". Jeans look good too ladies, and they keep you all warm.

·
Indie Bean
2,649 Posts
That building is home to a crappy pool bar that has seen better days, maybe back in the 90's.
Are you talking about the Charlotte Room? I think that it is next door (to the north).

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
How the heck can women walk down the street practically nekkid as a jaybird in weather like this? I've heard some of them say pantyhose are warm, but good god... I'd frkn DIE.
(of embarrassment if not exposure, if I dressed like that... that is. Which I don't)

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
where's colourful dleung gone?
this sexy box 'n box combo surely has shortcomings... and we're all to blinded with adoration at the moment.
Well, as usual we get the Glamour Renderings and it is very hard to envision the final product. We know in real life often buildings that look transparent, glowing or ethereal in renderings can look a bit mundane when they are done. I'd like to see a cut and dried maquette model.

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
How the heck can women walk down the street practically nekkid as a jaybird in weather like this? I've heard some of them say pantyhose are warm, but good god... I'd frkn DIE.
(of embarrassment if not exposure, if I dressed like that... that is. Which I don't)
Women handle extreme temperatures better than men. BTW, never go up against a women in an ice cube holding contest.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts