Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Long time lurker, first time poster, so please be gentle :)

I sincerely doubt this qualifies as a skyscraper query but you people seem very clued up and I just wondered if anybody knew what was going on at the top end of the Kings Road with all the shops/bars from Beaufort House roughly up to and including Eds diner - possibly further though? It seems these are all shutting down this month and their is a sign on some of the properties saying they are closing for redevelopment - the sign on the Beaufort House says they will be back in 2009!? Does anyone know what is planned at this end of town?

Many thanks!

Legal Beagle

·
BLAND
8,868 Posts
Id prefer an illegal Beagle (hope its nothing to do with hunting), but I for one would be very interested to find out...I used top work and play there.....welcome by the way :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No nothing to do with hunting, just an (un)subtle nod toward my career... If no-one knows anything about this maybe I'll just pop in there on my way home tonight and ask, I assume it must be a fairly big project if it is going to take two years before its done, but because there are flats above most of these properties I'm a bit baffled as to what could be planned?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The whole strip of shops from the Beaufort House up to the Pizza Rock are now boarded up. Spar is still open but will be closing shortly... I spoke to the guy in there and they do plan to build flats on this site but I can't find any planning docs on the RBKC website.

I presume these flats will be more traditional than modern, hopefully they won't be anything like that development that is finishing on the Fulham Road right now. Anyone know anything further about this development? There seems to be precious little interest in the SW3 area of London on this forum...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts