SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
The Urban Man
4,947 Posts
Avenue Colonel Mondjiba enlargement will certainly be the most spectacular road modernization undertaken in Kinshasa so far. It is going to be a two-level road from Socimat (end of Boulevard du 30 Juin) to Kintambo Magasin (about 3 kilometres). On the ground level, the current 1x1 road will be enlarged to 2x3 instead of the initially planned 3x3 in order to avoid land expropriation. Above, a 3km long flyover (2x2) will be constructed. The feasibility study is already done and the Agence Congolaise des Grands Travaux is waiting for the government’s go-ahead to start the construction work. In the meantime, they have already proceeded with tree cutting as seen in the pictures below.

·
Registered
942 Posts
This will be very interesting .

Could do some good if Route Matadi was given something like that.
Interesting indeed. Let's wait for final cost ..... probably over $50.000.000 as always..... not bad at all ...... good for those rich kids and parents form Binza, Mont Fleury , Macampagne who cannot stand traffic jam to access 30 Juin.

What about those poor Kids from Kingasani who have to walk miles for clean water or have no access to good school ??? What about town and cities with large population such as Butembo, Kikwit or Mbandaka with no electricity ? Kikwit has one pave by the way.

Conclusion: I am not sure how much this will cost. Anything beyond $10.000.000 will be consider to me as waste. Priority should be elsewhere other than bypass road for rich. Too much is being spend on Kin.

Mulopwe

·
The Urban Man
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is what happens when governance is left to improvisation; when short term political benefit takes precedence over rational, responsible and patriotic governance. Short-sighted policies cannot produce sustained development. The modernization of Kinshasa, a sprawling capital city, is important but the construction of white elephants must be avoided at all costs.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
I don't think that will happen any soon. They seem to be completely satisfied with the port. The Kinois see nothing wrong
Of course not. They are busy trying to survive . unlike us here, we see things differently because we are not into the nightmares they are in. Think food, think transportation, think electricity, think water, think school fees, think the more and more and more things.

To be honest, i wouldn't care if i was in Kin either. Unless if i was living in a mansion with comfort .

·
The Urban Man
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the actual render of the road previously posted by Screenshotartist

·
The Urban Man
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It will be interesting to see how this flyover will be linked to Boulevard du 30 Juin at one end and to Kintambo Magasin at the other.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Avenue Colonel Mondjiba enlargement will certainly be the most spectacular road modernization undertaken in Kinshasa so far. It is going to be a two-level road from Socimat (end of Boulevard du 30 Juin) to Kintambo Magasin (about 3 kilometres). On the ground level, the current 1x1 road will be enlarged to 2x3 instead of the initially planned 3x3 in order to avoid land expropriation. Above, a 3km long flyover (2x2) will be constructed. The feasibility study is already done and the Agence Congolaise des Grands Travaux is waiting for the government’s go-ahead to start the construction work. In the meantime, they have already proceeded with tree cutting as seen in the pictures below.
You were right. It will be a 2x2 on the ground and 2x2 for the flyover . That big for a 2x2 flyover.:eek:

·
The Urban Man
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am really curious to see how the interchanges at Socimat and Kintambo Magasin will look like. Given its spaciousness, the ex-Socimat roundabout can be easily transformed into a bridge interchange; but I am not so sure about Kintambo magasin. Having accepted the challenge, the Chinese engineers must demonstrate their ability to build a spectacular structure in a narrow space. However, one thing is for certain: many buildings at Kintambo Magasin will be demolished to make room for the road. Modernisation has its price...

·
Registered
942 Posts
I am really curious to see how the interchanges at Socimat and Kintambo Magasin will look like. Given its spaciousness, the ex-Socimat roundabout can be easily transformed into a bridge interchange; but I am not so sure about Kintambo magasin. Having accepted the challenge, the Chinese engineers must demonstrate their ability to build a spectacular structure in a narrow space. However, one thing is for certain: many buildings at Kintambo Magasin will be demolished to make room for the road. Modernisation has its price...
Interesting ...... really curious to find out what will be the final cost for huge project like this one.

Mulopwe

PS. France new Embassy U/C is right there @ the intersection.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Yes, they will have to demolish some structures @ Kintambo. 2x4 interchange isn't small.

Modernization is not cheap.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts