SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
contrarily to Angola, DRC can actually have a good, efficient internal consumption economy, due to its population size.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Angola also can, it's just a matter of haviing good business policies which will allow Angolans to open businesses of all sizes and Luanda is one sweet market with so much money around the city, plus all your other big cities.

Unlike other African countries, DRC has a chronic decifit of Infrastructures (Electrcity, Rail, UInter-Provincial highways) to link all economic regions of the country. Kinshasa is completely isolated from the industrial parts of South East, also Isolated from far East and Central region....completely limiting businessmen ability to spread countywide.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
contrarily to Angola, DRC can actually have a good, efficient internal consumption economy, due to its population size.
What matters really is to first take advantage or be master of your internal market, no matter how small.

Another thing is that Angola and DRC share a birder that is the largest in Africa wil more tthan 2000 km long, so DRC is a huge market for Angola as well, the way South Africa is for Namibia, Bot, Zimb, Moza, Lesotho and Swaziland...DRC is allready a huge consumer of Zambia Cement and Corn meal (although we're working to put an end to the imports), we're also a huge market for Rwandan expoerts, Uganda and even far away Kenya. South Africa.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The second Link isn't working now for some reasons.

But here is a much better link on Youtube.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
have always said, d.r.c is the place for african multinationals to massively invest right now.
once it gets its shit together for the long run, aint no one catching this country.

·
Registered
16,872 Posts
have always said, d.r.c is the place for african multinationals to massively invest right now.
once it gets its shit together for the long run, aint no one catching this country.
Not only drc. The rest of SSAfrica will be spurred by its growth. Especially since its an almost landlocked nation.

Best chances are if Moises becomes President

·
Registered
16,872 Posts
I said it before about the coastline. DRC is potentially a country with 200 million people or more. And it has 60km coast? You invest in that coast now. $$$$$$$

·
Banned
8,321 Posts
My old boss's family (Ismailis) was from Kinshasa. They have a construction company and I remember when I spoke to her a few months ago, she said that things are booming.

BUTEMBO21, do you have any realistic plans of one day returning (during your productive years)?

·
Registered
16,872 Posts
They were Indians?

DRC for the moment seems very disconnected. Barely a country. So therr may be specific regions and cities to invest in now.

This country is crying for a national rail system

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My old boss's family (Ismailis) was from Kinshasa. They have a construction company and I remember when I spoke to her a few months ago, she said that things are booming.

BUTEMBO21, do you have any realistic plans of one day returning (during your productive years)?
Yes, i have to go visit first , then decide exactly what do i need to invest in, although Agroculture aaand food stuffs is where i've always wanted to invest in.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I said it before about the coastline. DRC is potentially a country with 200 million people or more. And it has 60km coast? You invest in that coast now. $$$$$$$
Moise is a very smart dude, he has started a thing called Katanga Business Meeting which wants to attract local and International imnvestors in all sorts of businesses, not just Mining, but non mining as well....This year was the first edition...http://www.voxafrica.com/info/video/?v=0_t7d881xk&p=6

The dude want his province to regain it former glory as also a giant in Agroculture and manufacturing.

He has been advising Congolese with money to invest in Agroculture as well..
But the CG really gives him a very hard time as they take all the money his province produces, living his province almost broke......He also asked his ministers and the province's MPs to all have farms which will lhelp employ people and will also serve as an example that everyone with money to spare need to invest in agroculture for the well being of the province.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DRC for the moment seems very disconnected. Barely a country. So therr may be specific regions and cities to invest in now.

This country is crying for a national rail system
I remember those days, between 1998-2005.... This is why i envy Angola's Infrastructure reconstruction effort...shall DRC get this type of investment, the economy will be growing at double digits and i know many people will invest in agroculture and food processing amongst other industries,. the distances in DRC are immence.
DRC's Road nework stands at 150,000 kms, but 15,000 km is what is needed as the priority highways which need to connect all country's regions too one anotheer
The coastline is actually 37 km, but the river from the Ocean to the inland River port is 160 km.

People have already started buying land there, banks have started opening branches, there is Oil there as well, everyone is waiting for the construction of the Port.

This place should be a SEZ, IMO , everything to be a very successful SEZ is in place.

·
Registered
12,963 Posts
Nice to see that liberalizing the economy is paying off..

More reforms are need, like more credit to the private sector so that they can invest in infrastructure projects..

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Far East bordering Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda are where you find the local ship building springing up, where commerce is big despite the 2 decades wars, the iimport export business there makes EAC make lots of money

South East area or Moise' Katanga province Tanzania and rest of SADC have been attracted by economic activities there., biggest beneficiaries are Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Africa and even Namibia.

Far West (Kinshasa and KC provinces), trades more with Angola, C-Brazza, Namibia, SA, Imports from Europe.

The mighty Congo River connects half of the country though....So, Congolese Ship, Barge builders have a bright future. Its a matter of getting a common sense leadership and economic growth will be in double digits with a braodbased economy.

I have realized one thing. The whole country does not need to be doing the thing....but rather each region or Province need to capitalize on it speciallities and everything will naturally spread allover the country.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^ West Africans without legal residency in Kinshasa to be deported back home. couple years ago, 100s of illegal Indians, Lebanese, Chinese illegal residents were also deported

Congolese consider their own country to be almost hell on earth, others Africans look at it as an opportunity.

1000s of Rwandans, Burundees cross the borders everyday to Congolese schools, cross border trade etc, while Burundese and Ugandans want Congolese to increase their trading commerce in their countries. We trade more with Kenya than even Uganda and Kenyans want access to Congolese Market. although personally i would like them to go to Kinshasa first.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts