Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Whose building this the Japanese or Chinese???
Please tell me the Japanese and is there any pictures of this projects?
Hey do you think the drainage system will work unlike the ones that have been just built????
Financing of the project is done by the Japanese government. Unfortunately, the road will be a 2x2, and not a 2x3. I think they could have made it a 2x3 without much pain. Construction is scheduled to be completed by 2012.

The first phase is to be done between Pont Matete and 14th Street and the second phase will be initiated next year from 14th to Gare centrale. Total length: 12 km. Construction to be done by Japanese.

Again, I think 57 millions is a lot of money for 12 km of roads. I think they usually estimate about 2 millions per km but that depends on the specificities of the road.

I tried making a video but not too good. Sound and image not that great. Got to put the volume to max to hear something. Will be testing some other software. There is a render of the completed road at about 1.52 min.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The least I can say is that this is ridiculous. Ground-breaking ceremony happened, then the Congolese realized they wanted a much bigger road. Suspended the work and then went back to the drawing board and came up with new plan in which the government has tu put in about 20 millions dollars. Though I applause the widening of the road, I condemn the way things were conducted. Obviously, having the japanese pay for the entire work was not good enough. They had to find a way to get some money for themselves...you got to grease the pockets of few people I guess. On the other end, the construction company will need to be compensated for all the time lost having their equipment sitting idle. Great way to work... If I understand well, the total duration of the work is to be between 22 and 34 months...a little over than 2 years...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks for the update. nice to see that work has indeed resumed as they had to face to construction issues (optical cable, SNEL cable that had to be moved).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts