SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forever RDC
782 Posts
The least I can say is that this is ridiculous. Ground-breaking ceremony happened, then the Congolese realized they wanted a much bigger road. Suspended the work and then went back to the drawing board and came up with new plan in which the government has tu put in about 20 millions dollars. Though I applause the widening of the road, I condemn the way things were conducted. Obviously, having the japanese pay for the entire work was not good enough. They had to find a way to get some money for themselves...you got to grease the pockets of few people I guess. On the other end, the construction company will need to be compensated for all the time lost having their equipment sitting idle. Great way to work... If I understand well, the total duration of the work is to be between 22 and 34 months...a little over than 2 years...

So basically, they are going to double the road in size? I'm confused.

·
Forever RDC
782 Posts
Africa is ridiculed by its "goat-boys" governing elite. They already wasted 12 months since the so-called ground breaking ceremony was held in October of last year. This, added to the legendary snail pace work projects are usually carried out in DRC, I won't be surprised if the Poids Lourd Avenue project takes 5 years in the making when Congo Brazza next door can get it completed within a year and half!
Let's all be optimistic!!!

·
Forever RDC
782 Posts
Je pense que t'as raisons. parceque. la deviation du Boulevard Lumumba se juste cette Avenue de Poids Lourds. si on la modernize a se moment, sa sera catastrophique.
Oh! cmon on kill me now!! That's another false excuse from the JoKa's administration. If that was the case why would someone make a big fuss about it when they know, they are not constructing it anytime soon.

·
Forever RDC
782 Posts
What about your assertion that the project was a "FABLE"?
I use the word "FABLE" in attempt to get information from the known JoKa supporters in the forum. Obviously we all know this project will be done whenever therefore it couldn't be "FABLE". It was more of a provocative attempt with an immediate effect and I'm obviously satisfied with the result.:)

We Congolese, we should learn to be patient, resist jumping
to conclusion too soon.

It is also a good habit to get the information from
the party responsible to know exactly the issue.

We should always remind ourselves that practice is different
from theory, in fact reality is more complex than theory.

Also, we should be careful not to let our own (negative) bias
gets in the way of our objective judgement.

We should assume good in people unless proven otherwise.
I totally fail to understand why you quote me:eek:hno:. Can you please tell why are you telling me this like I don't know it as a Congolese? Thank you:)

:applause:

Unfortunately : that will fall on Tribal mentality ears that some of our own champions in this forum .
I'm 100% positive that you are speaking for yourself and you have yourself a tribal mentality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.