Skyscraper City Forum banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
With the image, we can all confirm that excuse was totally false:)
We Congolese, we should learn to be patient, resist jumping
to conclusion too soon.

It is also a good habit to get the information from
the party responsible to know exactly the issue.

We should always remind ourselves that practice is different
from theory, in fact reality is more complex than theory.

Also, we should be careful not to let our own (negative) bias
gets in the way of our objective judgement.

We should assume good in people unless proven otherwise.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
to conclusion too soon.

:applause:

Unfortunately : that will fall on Tribal mentality ears that some of our own champions in this forum .

·
Forever RDC
782 Posts
What about your assertion that the project was a "FABLE"?
I use the word "FABLE" in attempt to get information from the known JoKa supporters in the forum. Obviously we all know this project will be done whenever therefore it couldn't be "FABLE". It was more of a provocative attempt with an immediate effect and I'm obviously satisfied with the result.:)

to conclusion too soon.

I totally fail to understand why you quote me:eek:hno:. Can you please tell why are you telling me this like I don't know it as a Congolese? Thank you:)

:applause:

Unfortunately : that will fall on Tribal mentality ears that some of our own champions in this forum .
I'm 100% positive that you are speaking for yourself and you have yourself a tribal mentality.

·
The Urban Man
5,012 Posts
to conclusion too soon.

Thanks Amampuya for this essential reminder; hopefully, as Butembo says, it will not fall on deaf ears for the sake of constructive discussion on the forum.

·
The Urban Man
5,012 Posts
^^Who named it a “super highway”, where did you read it? The following article (initially posted by Butembo as an introduction to the thread) is about the initial presentation of the project, which corresponds to the render:

Kinshasa: démarrage des travaux d’élargissement de l’ avenue des Poids lourds

octobre 15, 2010, sous Actualité, La Une, National.

La modernisation de la route Poids lourds se fera en deux phases, ici un tracteur prêt pour les travaux (archive).

En présence du chef de l’Etat, Joseph Kabila, les travaux de réhabilitation et de modernisation de la route Poids lourds ont été lancés ce vendredi à Kinshasa. Quatre discours ont sanctionné cette cérémonie à laquelle plusieurs responsables politiques du pays et des diplomates étrangers ont aussi pris part. Le site choisi pour cette cérémonie était le pont Matete, à l’entrée même de l’avenue Poids lourds, au croisement avec le boulevard Lumumba.

Quatre discours ont sanctionné cette cérémonie.

Le gouverneur de la ville de Kinshasa, le représentant de l’entreprise Kitano chargée d’exécuter les travaux, l’ambassadeur du Japon en RDC et le ministre des Infrastructures.

Les orateurs ont, chacun, expliqué l’importance que revêt cette route sur tant sur le plan économique que social.

Ensuite, a suivi la visite des installations de l’office de voirie et drainage (OVD), où est installée l’entreprise Kitano.

La cérémonie s’est clôturée par la conférence de presse co-animée par l’ambassadeur du Japon et le coordonnateur de la cellule Infrastructures du ministère des Travaux publics.

D’après ce dernier, le coût des travaux est évalué à 57 millions USD.

Les travaux vont consister en
la réhabilitation de la voirie existante, la construction des canivaux et l’aménagement des trottoirs.

Il sera également question d’aménager des aires d’arrêt-bus et autres zones de parking.

La première phase comprendra la réhabilitation du tronçon allant du pont Matete à la 14e Rue, et la deuxième, de la 14e Rue à la Gare centrale, à partir de février 2011.
Source: http://radiookapi.net/actualite/20...’elargissement-de-l’-avenue-des-poids-lourds/

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have gone through all the commentaries on the thread but I have not found a single instance of the avenue des Poids lourds being named “super highway”. Would you be so kind as to indicate me precisely which commentaries you are referring to?
I well remember you calling it a futur "world class"...blv..something...in one of your commentaries in reference to this project. Now, it may not necessarily be on this thread. If Im wrong, accept dear Sir my apology! But Im positive......We're just trying to keep track on what is being promised and reality to sort out what can be perceived as propaganda so no one is fooled. Don't we need some checks and balances?

·
The Urban Man
5,012 Posts
Mulopwe, Kaps, Pius,

Is Poids Lourds able to be expanded to a 2x3 like Avenue Liberation or 2x4 like Boulevard du 30 juin?
It should be easier to enlarge (3x3 or even 4x4 lanes) than Boulevard Lumumba. There is much less construction on the roadsides than along Boulevard Lumumba. The area is sparsely inhabited; there are only enclosed large tracts of land belonging to big companies such as ONATRA. Last but not least, the road is rectilinear, which should facilitate the construction.
JoKa was right to demand the renegotiation of the project with the Japanese government, for it would have been a mistake to proceed with the modernization of a 1x1 lane arterial road knowing that road traffic will increase dramatically in Kinshasa in the coming years as the population keeps mushrooming.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
It should be easier to enlarge (3x3 or even 4x4 lanes) than Boulevard Lumumba. There is much less construction on the roadsides than along Boulevard Lumumba. The area is sparsely inhabited; there are only enclosed large tracts of land belonging to big companies such as ONATRA. Last but not least, the road is rectilinear, which should facilitate the construction.
JoKa was right to demand the renegotiation of the project with the Japanese government, for it would have been a mistake to proceed with the modernization of a 1x1 lane arterial road knowing that road traffic will increase dramatically in Kinshasa in the coming years as the population keeps mushrooming.
Thanks a lot for the exclussive photos as always.

Yes, i think he was right. because when i saw that road, it could be bigger, but that was a long time ago. didn't know how the constructions were along that road.

Along the road there is als the RailRaod. Gare Central to Place de la Reconstruction to N'djili and Kasangulu.

OP. What happened to the Rail thats goes all the way to Kintambo magasin/Ngaliema.?

I will be in Kin next year in the summer time. so i will be able to see reality.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

I hope JoKa or any responsible president from the upcoming elections' verdict will seriously work on restoring the right modern urbanism in Kin. Walls like those seen here are one of the thousands illegal constructions that are spreading at an alarming rate across Kin eating up avenues, streets, blvrds and must be stopped by systematically destroying them.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I hope JoKa or any responsible president from the upcoming elections' verdict will seriously work on restoring the right modern urbanism in Kin. Walls like those seen here are one of the thousands illegal constructions that are spreading at an alarming rate across Kin eating up avenues, streets, blvrds and must be stopped by systematically destroying them.
Sadly, its the Kinshasa Government that sell the land. So, next governor better not have mercy on those who sell land and those who buy land. they also need tp punish those who don't respect Land-Road perimeters.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts