SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 176 Posts

·
Banned
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Dear Alankurdi

You have been warned several times about posting politically sensitive topics, unfortunately you don't seem to care. please remove all political stuff from this thread or it will be deleted. the thread name will also change to KIRKUK.

I'm receiving several complaints about your attitude in this forum. please stop posting about politically sensitive topics in this forum. There are many other places on the Internet to post about politics. Feel free to post there.. This is your final warning.
am i the only one talking about politics ? what about those that reply to my posts arent they also talking about politics ? did they receive complaints too ? no cos they arent a kurd . iraqis will always be iraqis no matter wat , this is why kurds want out from iraq cos of this same reason. i have edited my posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
ill be visiting kirkuk my how town in few months and will take some photos of the city and add it here =D

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Old pictures of Kirkuk

Oil installations in kirkuk

Business expansion in the oil installations

Photo's from the "Iraqi kingdom" group on facebook.

·
Banned
81 Posts
my city has been neglected even though it supplies a lot of oil to the rest of iraq. :(

·
Banned
81 Posts
Kirkuk - 12.04.2011

Kirkuk governor has announced that Kirkuk will buy 200 mega watts of electricity from KRG from the petro dollar budget but its not clear how much money will be given to KRG in return . Kirkuk's new appointed governor Najmadeen Karim said "Kirkuk needs 800 mega watts of electricity , at the moment kirkuk gets 200 MW from Baghdad but its no where near the local demands and needs".
Kirkuk has signed a contract with a foreign company to construct its own gas power electricity generation which will produce 400-600 MWs.

@ Source: PUK Media

·
Banned
1,239 Posts
Kirkuk - 12.04.2011

Kirkuk governor has announced that Kirkuk will buy 200 mega watts of electricity from KRG from the petro dollar budget but its not clear how much money will be given to KRG in return . Kirkuk's new appointed governor Najmadeen Karim said "Kirkuk needs 800 mega watts of electricity , at the moment kirkuk gets 200 MW from Baghdad but its no where near the local demands and needs".
Kirkuk has signed a contract with a foreign company to construct its own gas power electricity generation which will produce 400-600 MWs.

@ Source: PUK Media
So far both Erbil and Baghdad have some what neglected Kirkuk (though the KRG did run some projects in recent years) in the hope that people would leave Kirkuk.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
non of kirkuk people will leave kirkuk ! not the arabs not the kurds not the turkmen !

·
Banned
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
yeah no one should be "forced" to leave but i think those who were brought in to change the demographics of the city by Saddam should be compensated and leave , to there places or origins . currently article 140 is looking after this according to the latest news only 60,000 settled families are left to be compensated and leave for there places or origins. Kirkuk will stay as an example of coexistence whether it annexes to KRG or not.

·
Banned
218 Posts
yeah no one should be "forced" to leave but i think those who were brought in to change the demographics of the city by Saddam should be compensated and leave , to there places or origins . currently article 140 is looking after this according to the latest news only 60,000 settled families are left to be compensated and leave for there places or origins. Kirkuk will stay as an example of coexistence whether it annexes to KRG or not.
+99

·
Banned
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
1 thing is Arabs from Kirkuk not Saddam's settlers but the ones that came to Kirkuk in the early 1920s have to ask themselves is, are they ready to call themselves "kurdistani" in the future ! , cos when one day KRG breaks away Kirkuk will be part of it and articled 140 makes sure of this by majority votes in a referendum. but are they really prepared for this ? or would they rather be called Iraqis its something they have to decide when time comes.

·
Banned
81 Posts
lucky he didnt delete my city :D.:banana:.

im in kerkuk at the moment and its very dusty.

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
lucky he didnt delete my city :D.:banana:.

im in kerkuk at the moment and its very dusty.
did you see any new projects?

·
Banned
81 Posts
just 2 parks and an over pass and new roads nothing big though.

·
Banned
81 Posts
we would appreciate it if you can provide us with updates or pictures if you can?
ah i dont have a cam except my crappy phone of 2 pixel lol . im not good with these things though. btw im meeting up with alankurdi in a week and a half he is coming to KRG , he has a mad cam he told me but i doubt he will lend me any pictures specially he invited me here in the 1st place and knows im still a member lol.:)

·
Banned
81 Posts
if kerkuk was under KRG control it would have been way better than KRG by now cos it has petro dollar budget besides its own budget , its not like Kurdistan is splitting any soon i beleive not as long as our rights arent been denied in iraq. so poor kerkuk is stuck in the middle. i have noticed not many arabs in the city as well compared to 2007 my previous trip here !!. im at an internet cafe its nothing fancy but better than nothing cant keep away from facebook lol.

im buying 3 blocks of land maybe built a project in the future that i can post on here anf brag about lol. :D. its really strick if your not from kerkuk you cant buy/transfer shit into your name been a dispute city and all.

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
On the subject of the Kirkuk dispute, shouldn't it all be given back to Calouste Sarkis Gulbenkian's grandchildren? Considering he was the legal owner and heir of the Kirkuk oil fields already from the period preceding the creation of Iraq? He seems to have more rights to Kirkuk oil fields than anyone else (kurds, arabs, turkmen, etc...).

21 - 40 of 176 Posts