SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Set on scenic gently sloping land surrounded by rolling hills, Mora Hill is a unique gated community development. The first development of its kind in the increasingly popular Kiserian area it boasts of unique shared facilities such as a private recreational park, a clubhouse, electric fence and a commercial centre.
With only 19 units each fully detached on landscaped gardens, your privacy and serenity is assured.

Source:www.morahill.com

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I was about to ask the same question Ernest. Is it a sign of increasing insecurity or has it become "chic" to live in a gated community?

·
Veteran
3,369 Posts
I was about to ask the same question Ernest. Is it a sign of increasing insecurity or has it become "chic" to live in a gated community?
I think estate developers want people to have the feeling of living in a community,and at the same time protected from outside threats like insecurity.But at this rate,every estate is going to turn into a gated community which is really not good for the overall society.it enhances social prejudice between the rich and the poor.Even former government estates in some areas in langata and embakasi have been turned into gated communities!!

·
goes well with Clove Tea
114 Posts
design aint bad, but space is tiny!! 1600 sq ft for a whole detached house with 4 bedrooms?? CRAZY. There's 3 bed flats being built in congested central areas of Nairobi that have 2200 sq ft and more

·
Registered
12,281 Posts
I think estate developers want people to have the feeling of living in a community,and at the same time protected from outside threats like insecurity.But at this rate,every estate is going to turn into a gated community which is really not good for the overall society.it enhances social prejudice between the rich and the poor.Even former government estates in some areas in langata and embakasi have been turned into gated communities!!
^^
Nairobi's slowly going the Jo'burg way.

·
Serengeti
4,256 Posts
nice designs...i guess gated community offers that safe feeling which sales quicker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts