479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renderings:
Courtesy Orlando Business Journal

Cost:$300-$400
Units: 729 Rooms
500 Set Live Theater
100,000 Sq. Ft. of convention space
Location: Current I Shoppes - Kirkman Road and International Drive.
Completion: 2017

Kirkman Road to the West
International Drive to the North
Grand National Drive to the East
Vanguard St to the south

·
jimmy
2,892 Posts
there's another high rise hotel proposal a few blocks away at Universal & I-Drive. before that proposal was submitted I would've said no way this is getting built. However, I don't see how a landlord can just throw out two dozen rent paying tenants for a risk project like this. it doesn't make sense. I don't believe it's getting built.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Exclusive: New images show dual towers planned for iSquare Mall + Hotel

The $400 million iSquare Mall + Hotel has a new look — one that better reflects its plan for two upscale hotel towers.

The Blackmine Group’s Abdul Mathin told Orlando Business Journal his firm has submitted a revamped conceptual plan to the city of Orlando for approval for the $400 million, mixed-use project proposed for the southeast corner of International Drive and Kirkman Road.

·
10,668 Posts
iSquare Mall + Hotel gets closer to breaking ground
Oct 20, 2015, 3:04pm EDT Updated Oct 20, 2015, 3:42pm EDT

Anjali Fluker
Senior Staff Writer
Orlando Business Journal

The $400 million iSquare Mall + Hotel project is moving forward, now that it has the thumbs up from the city of Orlando on a tweaked plan plus a 400-foot-tall helipad.

The mixed-use project planned to take the place of the existing International Shoppes strip mall on Kirkman Road and International Drive got the OK from the city’s municipal planning board on Oct. 20 for a new planned development that will set the stage for construction to start in January on the 23-story, dual-tower project.
more here

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...all-hotel-gets-closer-to-breaking-ground.html

·
Registered
558 Posts
On one hand this development will replace a super tacky strip mall on a street littered with them so the design will be a drastic improvement but every single time I have driven this stretch, it has been an absolute traffic nightmare (basically a parking lot) and I can't imagine developing something this large will solve those issues. Maybe the extra retail will relieve the outlets a short drive up the road since the parking lot there clearly cannot handle the demand.

·
jimmy
2,892 Posts
^^
traffic is a lost cause on the I-Drive corridor.

remember, that with this overhaul of I-4, a new bridge at Grand National/Oakridge Rd. is also being built that crosses over I-4 and connects to Major Blvd. by Kirkman Rd. That will be huge for connectivity for the North I-Drive crowd.

will it solve the traffic nightmare? no.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1
1 - 20 of 21 Posts