SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Stockholm rules!
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Kista Terrass

Yet another +100 meter tower in Kista, proposed though, haven't heard much about in a while but still worth mentioning here. If anyone wants to add some more info, please be free and do so. :)

Hej!
Tack för visat intresse! I dagsläget har vi inga konkreta planer på att bygga en skyskrapa, men jag kan inte heller säga att det är helt omöjligt att något liknande blir av. Något luddigt svar, men så ser det ut i dagsläget ...

So, in short, this one seems to be cancelled :(
Although, they have not completely closed the doors for a future development.

·
forumer #29
4,614 Posts
1. Where'd you get the 120m from?

2. I agree with everyone here that it's sad to see they've removed it from the KistaTerrass website. Not completely sure what that means. Could be just that it's the last phase anyway and is more in the "vision" stage yet. Or, at least as likelly it's been killed. :(

The design of the tower is IMO great :) but the base is complete and utter crap. I've said in the Stockholm thread, in chatts with some of you and IRL to anyone who'll listen that it's a horrible base. In fact, there's no base at all. It's a friggin' tower-in-a-park with just a concrete surface as the park! yech! Give it an urban podium of 5 floors or so and I'll be totally in favour.

·
Stockholm rules!
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
forumer #29
4,614 Posts
ok :)

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Hehe, that's what it said on the all swedish highrises thread.. :)
The 120 m-figure I used in the old highrise-thread was just an approximation (note ~120 m), don't think there is any officiall height for this one. Shame if it has been cancelled though, I really like the design of it.

·
KTH-student
554 Posts
The design of the tower is IMO great :) but the base is complete and utter crap. I've said in the Stockholm thread, in chatts with some of you and IRL to anyone who'll listen that it's a horrible base. In fact, there's no base at all. It's a friggin' tower-in-a-park with just a concrete surface as the park! yech! Give it an urban podium of 5 floors or so and I'll be totally in favour.
I disagree. I think that it looks pretty good with that base. It remindsme of the turning torso, but with concrete and bushes instead of water. IMO ther's too many highrises with a large buildingcomplex as a base. This looks much cleaner. Not every highrise can look good "without a base", but this does!

·
forumer #29
4,614 Posts
But to me it's not a matter of just pure looks for a tower. It's also about what effects it has on its surroundings - and a base like that creates alot of dead space and kills streetlife (unless it's a really busy place like central Tokyo - and Kista is far from that). Does the base LOOK nice? yeah? Would it WORK nicely? far from it. If it had been for the opposite corner of Kista Terrass then it could have worked, but at that corner it need an urban base.

·
Stockholm rules!
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only thing i like about this tower is that it's 32fl and planned for Stockholm, the design of it sucks in my opinion, it's too slim and i don't like slim! ;)

·
12,320 Posts
Design can alwasy be better than that, but its not too bad, especially not compared to many other sthml projects! Should be redesign, keeping its current height. :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
But to me it's not a matter of just pure looks for a tower. It's also about what effects it has on its surroundings - and a base like that creates alot of dead space and kills streetlife (unless it's a really busy place like central Tokyo - and Kista is far from that). Does the base LOOK nice? yeah? Would it WORK nicely? far from it. If it had been for the opposite corner of Kista Terrass then it could have worked, but at that corner it need an urban base.
I don't agree with this. It doesn't serve any purpose for all the companies paying expensive rent to have a 7eleven or whatever at the ground floor. They want a spacious lobby that contributes to the image of exclusivity. Many scrapers on Manhattan are like that too, althogh some of them can have have a public character. The pure tower shape is sexy and in this small size there simply isn't much space for shops etc. I understand your thinking though but I don't think we can expect shops, cafés etc in all buildings, some of them will only be some kind of monuments in the urban weave.

·
Registered
915 Posts
It's a pitty that they propably won't build this one. It has my favorite design among scandinvaian tower proposals togheter with one of the tower proposals in Copenhagen...

Here's more pictures.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts