1 - 20 of 469 Posts

·
forumer #29
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Stockholm rules!
1,740 Posts
Swede, do you know how far it has reached on the planning stage like is it on ''samråd'' or something like that? It will be a nice addition the Kista skyline, if built! :)

·
forumer #29
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No clue. The city is basically not updating their website much, and nothing in the media about it for a good while.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That´s great! Finally something "pretty high" at the spot where KRT were to be built. I also like the fact that they want to build one tall building and then a smaller highrise next to it.

Another proposal for Kista, my hood 1km north of Stockholm Centralstation.
I guess you mean 10km from Stockholms Central ;)

·
forumer #29
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess you mean 10km from Stockholms Central ;)
oops :)

What's the green, orange and purple dots?
Green is Kista Terrass phase 7, go back a few pages in the Stockholm thread and you'll find it. It's no longer in the pics or mentionend at all on the Kista Terrass website tho :(
Orange is a ~15fl (iirc) residential highrise also part of Kista Terrass. Phase 4 or 5 or something like that (right now phase 1 is almost done and site-prep is starting for phase 2).
Purple is an old proposal for two 20fl office buildings which has been quiet for years now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Swede, do you know how far it has reached on the planning stage like is it on ''samråd'' or something like that? It will be a nice addition the Kista skyline, if built! :)

The city planningbord gave the green light to start the detail planning of the project a few weeks ago. But the best news regarding this is that they actually planning to increase the hight of the towers, especially the lower one.

·
forumer #29
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The city planningbord gave the green light to start the detail planning of the project a few weeks ago. But the best news regarding this is that they actually planning to increase the hight of the towers, especially the lower one.
That is great news :) First the City wanted and got an increase of the Scandic proposal and now this one wil lbe getting taller. Najs. :cheers:
I'm thinking they'll get the tall one to break 100m and the short one... maybe 2/3 of the tall one. No facts or rumours to back me up at all, just the feeling I'm getting right now :D

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
This is insane! How come highrises and skyscrapers are popping up out of nowhere and getting approved in a matter of weeks nowadays!? I hope this is a permanent trend! :)

·
Stockholm rules!
1,740 Posts
Yes, the location really sucks! But we shouldn't complain to much now that we have some good projects on the way...

·
forumer #29
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's a pretty bad location. Even more outside the inner city than La defense in france.
Nope. Le Defense is outside the City, Kista is within it. And I doubt Le Defense is noticably more central than Kista distance wise from the middle. ;)
Kista is undeniably a suburb, while LD is part of the dense Urban sprawl tho :)
IMO the location is great. Get more highrises for Kista will show that highrises are viable in postmodern Stockholm, with more elsewhere as a result.

·
Stockholm rules!
1,740 Posts
Nope. Le Defense is outside the City, Kista is within it. And I doubt Le Defense is noticably more central than Kista distance wise from the middle. ;)
Kista is undeniably a suburb, while LD is part of the dense Urban sprawl tho :)
IMO the location is great. Get more highrises for Kista will show that highrises are viable in postmodern Stockholm, with more elsewhere as a result.
But the difference is that La Defense is connected with the downtown (sten stad), kista is not... Too many trees in the way also (kista)! :p

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I hope this will lead to more investments in Kista, with more residentals to fill up empty spots and clearing out alot of boring forest.

·
Original Yimby
1,055 Posts
Stockholm needs another center. We just got one right now which is sort of odd for a such a large city. So hopefully Kista can really grow up and maybe become a financial center or something. The tram is gonna go there to and if we manage to connect the tram to the inner city as well we at least got both subway and tram connections from the inner city making it more accessible.
Of course, more urbanity should be added stretching towards the current inner city so that in time they will be connected. But that will take many years of course.

1 - 20 of 469 Posts