SkyscraperCity banner

781 - 800 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
^^
Nice place. I stayed here over Easter. I hear it was Fidel’s project but when he passed, his dad completed it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kisumu is so beautiful or I would say heart of kenya (very beautiful). I must say so beautiful pics 😘 especially the first one shared in this thread. Can I share some of mine I have clicked in Kisumu 🙏

·
#AfricaRising
500 Posts
Very Funny

Notice how dirty the lake is. Guys, the lake is super-polluted, not even funny. soon, this side of the lake will be nothing but a thick pigment of raw sewage.
:lol:
The Lake may be getting pollutants from industrial effluent but this is negligible compared to the vastness of the water body and does not cause the "dirtiness" you mention. My broda this muddy brown colour is as a result of the fact that the water sources for the lake and wetlands that leach into the lake are full of organic matter, which breeds the bacteria and algae that lead to the muddy look. The very red soil (silt) from the multiple rivers that flow into the lake also add to the tinge. It has nothing to do with "pollutants" unless you consider organic matter upon which life thrives to be a pollutant. There are so many dystrophic lakes like this one all around the world. It's a shame we look at our water bodies in Africa as "polluted" yet that is the natural colour the man above ordained they should be. Look below at the confluence of the Rhone and Arve rivers in Geneva. The muddy colour is simply as a result of having a much higher level of silt/loose soil in its catchment area. The same thing happens in the USA where the beaches in MS and parts of Alabama are all muddy brown because of the silt from the mighty Mississippi river. And you can't call it pollution because the USA has some of the strictest environmental laws in the world. So strict that most industries along the river closed down long ago because compliance with those laws was uneconomical. And do not get me started on water bodies like the muddy Thames in London! Bottom line, this Lake is NOT polluted in the conventional sense of man-made pollution.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey guys, I have some nice pictures of current state of Kisumu but I'm unable to post them here. Can I get some assistance please.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey guys, I have some nice pictures of current state of Kisumu but I'm unable to post them here. Can I get some assistance please.
upload them to flickr, or facebook, or instagram or any online photo service. Make sure they are viewable publicly (very important, if not the most important thing)
then get their url and place in between the IMG tags like below

Or see this video:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Buda, make sure you copy the whole link not just the last digits.

Ignoring the spaces I've added below, you can see that inside the square brackets there's a complete URL (web address) starting with https://.....jpg and not just the end part : 7790667658_1fec96e7af_h.

[ img] https: //farm1.staticflickr.com/834/27790667658_1fec96e7af_h.jpg [ /img ]

781 - 800 of 906 Posts