SkyscraperCity banner

801 - 820 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
^^

It seems that any school project funded by KfW tends to go for updated designs like these... I agree, that these should be the norm, going forward

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
^^Kenyan contractors and project managers from CDF and counties build things that could resemble cattle sheds for Kenyan pupils, it leaves anyone wondering why it is so difficult to build nice classrooms. It is disheartening. What is interesting is that once the nice ones like this ^^ are built, the same individuals who supervised construction of ugly ones also like them. So you are like, why didn't they build govt.-funded classrooms and schools like this one? Is it that they just don't have plans for beautiful buildings or what! I can bet the costs for the CDF-, countty- and national govt-funded ones are similar if not more than this one per unit classroom ("pound for pound comparison"). The only difference is that for the foreign govt.-funded ones the whole budget is properly monitored, contracts are professionally awarded and construction and project timelines are professionally supervised and observed. The end result? We, and they, like foreign-govt.-funded classrooms and schools than those funded by our own govt. because the ones built by our own govt. are not that beautiful, are plain and tired and unattractive. So the question is: Should we give all the govt. funds for schools to foreign govts. to build for us our classrooms and schools? The whole thing sounds like a mess and that there should be no reason for us to do that, because these same individuals also take publicly-paid field trips to foreign countries to do what they have famously come to call "bench-marking" trips-- I am still waiting to see what exactly they benchmark and how such trips help us, what is the return on investment on those trips? We as citizens are going to need to start asking all the hard questions of these representatives we elect every five years. They take our lives and taxes for a ride and give us no tangibly good result, when all we ask of them is to properly allocate our resources to our needs and to represent us in the discussions where the allocations are done, nothing else. We pay for everything including their salaries and rents and food. Everything!

801 - 820 of 906 Posts