·
Maintenant ou Jamais
4,103 Posts
so nice...very malaysian and i like that,
finally others cant say we copicat their city

·
Dah lama dah
550 Posts
I'm glad our ibukota being surely and steadily becoming a great metropolitan. Bukan jealous sebab saya tak tinggal di Metro KL tapi our Federal gov really find ways to upgrade the facilities in KL and tons of monies were utilised to do the transformation.

Day to day KL become congested, therefore new roads, transportation and etc need to deal with in order to make KL a place to live.

Short cut cakap... Why our Federal gov (maybe there is the thought tapi saya tak tau) never put a mega plans to upgrade transportation plans like Japan did where new development or land expansion in KL were put to stop. New and efficient of transportation being planned where people can travel from places like Ipoh, Bentong, Malacca and others to KL in a shorter time thus making KL is just a working place and those surrounding areas as a living areas.

Mungkin saya hanya boleh terus dreaming that one day the whole peninsular will be well inter connected and the spread of development will reach to everybody

.....nak sambung dreaming......

·
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN
38,441 Posts
KL City Walk almost ready
By Bernama
Tuesday, 04 January 2011 17:28

KUALA LUMPUR: This capital city will boast another tourist attraction in February with the launch of the "Kuala Lumpur City Walk" which highlights the "Malaysia, Truly Asia" tourism promotion theme.

Deputy Federal Territories and Urban Well-being Minister Datuk M Saravanan said on Tuesday, Jan 4 the project — which covers a stretch of Lorong P Ramlee, and is about 95% complete — involved traders of all races selling an assortment of local products such as food, souvenirs and handicraft.

"This new tourism spot, construction of which started in 2006, will be completed soon and the ministry is currently identifying problems in terms of the scope of business so as to give priority to bumiputeras and the other races," he told reporters after visiting the project site in Jalan Pinang and Jalan Bukit Bintang, here.

"We want to portray to international tourists Malaysia as the face of Asia and a country which has a unique identity," he said.

Saravanan said the 450-metre sidewalk had been turned into a chic tourist destination which offered exclusive business premises such as shops, cafes and restaurants.

He said the ministry hoped that the project would be comparable to Bintang Walk along Jalan Bukit Bintang, which was one of the most happening spots in the city, and help draw more foreign tourists to the country. — Bernama

·
Vince
6,187 Posts
if i see any McDonald's there….i will burn it down! :lol:
what about kachang putih or char kuey teow man wearing singlet sitting or squatting at the corner? :)

Gotta admit, the inside of the KL Walk is so much better than the entrace area showing the moorish architecture.

·
Registered
482 Posts
450m sidewalk,nearly half kilometer?..quite long,okla..nice to hear this project that i never used to know previously.it will be filled with street cafe's which will turn it look liked some european street cafe,..

·
Registered
482 Posts
this city cube will be transparent isnt it?woww,nice2,so innovative,like scandinavian architecture style.. its better to be some sort museum/gallery of modern art ,u know,for our younger generation to display their creativity,IMHO..

1 - 20 of 235 Posts