SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
just fantastic, especially from main street side. Incredible! Klaipeda is truly a phenomenon! Don't know any other 180 k city (without some urban area with more people around) with so impressibe highrise development!! How many modern highrises are now built in Klaipeda?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
My last visit to Klaipeda was 5 years ago and looking at these pictures, at these magnificent highrises, it really makes me visit this city again! :cheers:

·
planquadrat
10,311 Posts
Klaipeda is going to be East European Frankfurt :)
When it comes to quality of architecture it will be more like Benidorm than Frankfurt :|

Sadly, apart from quantity and height Klaipeda can hardly show us anything exciting (as opposed to Vilnius, Riga or Tallinn).

·
always on
4,815 Posts
When it comes to quality of architecture it will be more like Benidorm than Frankfurt :|

Sadly, apart from quantity and height Klaipeda can hardly show us anything exciting (as opposed to Vilnius, Riga or Tallinn).
well put! :cheers:

·
planquadrat
10,311 Posts
These buildings look somewhat strange. Apart from height and inpact on the skyline it's hard to see anything positive about them.

·
underground
57 Posts
These buildings look somewhat strange. Apart from height and inpact on the skyline it's hard to see anything positive about them.
The worst thing is location - they are on the edge of the city. Also Shame is that highrises doesn't make kinda space of urban street - because they stand alone in the nowhere...

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I would choose quiet old street in Klaipedas center to live, rather than choosing these monsters in the outskirts.
But one who likes shopping should buy an apartment there. :nuts:

How big is that shopping center ?

How many flats have been sold so far ?

The buildings rather seem empty yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts