SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ArTuRAs
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edgaex is a bit lazy to make a thread here, so i`ll be glad to do it for him ;)

It`s the second time that he climbs on to the tower, here`s the pics from winter:
http://tinkle.miestai.net/showthread.php?t=2222

So, we start with the tower himself:

And lots of stair-step`s in front:

Some view`s from about 12 floor.

Oldest commie in the city on the left, one of the new one`s on the right :D

"Klaipeda" hotel:

Old town:

"Victoria" hotel in front, maybe reconstruction will start soon...

You could clearly see the sea from the 12 floor if the windows weren`t that dirty :|

Now climbing a bit higher:

Klaipeda is a pretty green city if you haven`t noticed that yet.

The terrace:

Through the glass:

But the height wasn`t so impressive, so somebody climbed even higher :eek:mg:

And now, when the walls aren`t bothering anymore, some more pics to the south:

And to the other side:

B&W pic (my favourite):

"D"

A zoomed view to the Vite quarter, Vite business center will rise in the middle of the pic:

Some more:

Don`t you think that the tower of "Gandraliskes" will dominate the skyline for a while? :|

All say thanks to Edgaex :bow:
Hope you liked it ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
We are the winners of Eurovision:D I liked these photos, Seems like Klaipeda has quite a large old town..

·
in action
2,120 Posts
piter89 said:
Nice pics. How many inhabitants has got Klaipeda, because on some photos it looks on quite big city?

190k smth ;) Klaipėda is a long city, that's why maybe it looks big from some angles ;)

·
always on
4,809 Posts
looks nice!
K is looking pretty sweet and the views are quite nice! Klaipeda looks bigger than i expected!

·
ArTuRAs
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@babycake
"K" - Klaipėda, "D" - Danė river.

@ch1le
And it will look even bigger in about 5-10 years :yes:

@Siberian
Your probably one of the few one`s who doesn`t like the great "K" :D

Here`s a shot of "K&D" from a different angle. Who couldn`t like them? :cheers:

·
27,770 Posts
ShuMi said:
@Siberian
Your probably one of the few one`s who doesn`t like the great "K" :D
Please no offence, but the building from my point of view is weird - the colour, the shape... it's not my cup of tea :D
The rest city looks nice :cheers:

·
¬¬
237 Posts
Siberian said:
Please no offence, but the building from my point of view is weird - the colour, the shape... it's not my cup of tea :D
The shape is ment to be the letter K, which I think was accomplished. And ShuMi already explained what that means (it was a bit obvious anyway) . So if you dont like the shape, you dont like the whole idea of the project. And the colour is what it is simply to blend in with the roof's of Klaipeda'a old town ;) .

But if you don't like thats fine :) !

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Why Klaipeda has so short buildings?? It was a german city, and it was quite big before war, and germans built rather tall cities (vide near Gdańsk). So why Klaipeda is so short and rather chaotic?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Didnt you learn yet,that in these forums you cannot criticise any cities or pictures. You can say only good things or nothing. Jedzej does the same sometimes,and tickles unrest,proud and Very Very:)nuts: )patriotic Lithuanian hearts with his normal questions about infrastructure and provinciality of some issues in my country.Anyway,its always good laugh.;)

P.S. Cool pictures,guys,hope this summer I will find some time to visit the city and go to Nida as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts